Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Hello everyone!! I am happy to be here again with Jamie. Today I share my first dessert. It's that time of year again … FALL! What it means to bake in the fall… PUMPKIN and APPLE! Yes, I love everything apple and pumpkin related and have been drooling over my news feed for days, so it was time to bake. This fall dessert combines two of our favorites. Pumpkin pie and crispy apple!
I love eating pumpkin and apple in every bite. You may be skeptical of this combination, but if you like these two flavors, you'll love it!
Ok… let's make one of these delicious desserts.
Crunchy Apple Pumpkin Pie
This fall dessert combines two of our favorites. Pumpkin pie and crispy apple!
- 1 pie crust (I used the box type of just adding water, but you can also use a frozen one without baking or use your favorite recipe from scratch.
- 1 cup pumpkin pie filling
- 1/4 c. evaporated milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of pie spices
- 4 apples (peeled and chopped)
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. White sugar
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. oats
- 1/4 c. melted butter
- Heat oven to 375
- Mix all the ingredients in Layer 1 and place them in an unbaked pie crust. Bake for 10 min.
- Take out of the oven (it will still be soft) cool for 10 minutes.
- Mix the chopped apples with sugar and cinn. Put on top of the pumpkin trying not to disturb it too much.
- Mix the ingredients in Layer 3 and drop small pieces of the crumble mixture onto the apples.
- Put back in the oven for another 35-45 minutes until the crumble begins to brown and the apples are soft.
|Amount per proportion||As served|
|Calories 3162kcal Calories from fat 1083|
|% Daily value|
|Total fat 120g||185%|
|Saturated fat 57g||285%|
|Trans fat 2 g|
|Dietary fiber 36g||144%|
Daily value percentages are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
Follow us on PINTEREST!
|Total fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
All images and texts © Jamie Sherman for © Love Bakes Good Cakes. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own words or link to this post to see the recipe.
This is what it looked like without baking.
Put back in the oven for another 35-45 minutes until the crumble begins to brown and the apples are soft.
The result baked. At this point I still wasn't sure how I would know …
In the first bite … I was in love … with the cake (and my husband!)
And I think it's pretty nice to see too!
Mmm !!!! It may never come back …
For other pumpkin recipes see: