Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Creamy Shrimp and Garlic Pasta: Easy, Quick and Delicious Dinner Including shrimp and pasta with sun-dried tomatoes, all topped with a rich and tasty garlic mozzarella cream sauce. All you need is about 30 minutes to prepare this creamy shrimp paste recipe. A special ingredient turns this shrimp paste from excellent to incredible: fennel seeds. Believe us, fennel gives it a depth of flavor that will dazzle your taste buds. This quick pasta dish will become your new favorite. Enjoy!
- Potatoes with Parmesan and Roasted Garlic Butter Instant Pot Chicken Pasta with Parmesan and Creamy Garlic Chicken Casserole with Spinach and Cream Cheese and Mozzarella Pork Chops with Garlic in Creamy Mushroom Sauce Keto Pumps with 3 Ingredients Keto Pumps with Fat Chicken with garlic butter with spinach and bacon
Ingredients list for creamy shrimp paste
- 8 oz (240 g)farfalle pasta
- 1 pound (450 g) shrimppeeled and deveined
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3 garlic cloveschopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt and cracked black pepper
- 4 oz (120 g) choppedsun dried tomatoesDrained from oil – keep 2 tablespoons of oil reserved
- 1 cup (240 ml) half and half (or whipped cream)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup crushed mozzarella cheese (or Parmesan)
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fennel seedsOptional
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon peppers
- 1/2 cup reserved cooked pasta water (or more)
- 1 tablespoon gratedParmesan, to decorate
one)To do the creamy shrimp paste: Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve a little cooked pasta water, drain the pasta and reserve for later.
two)Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of reserved oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp in a layer and cook on each side for about 1 minute each, until shrimp turn pink or golden on both sides, season shrimp with salt while cooking. Remove the shrimp to a plate.
3) To the same skillet, add sun-dried tomatoes and minced garlic. Sauté sun-dried tomatoes in remaining shrimp oil over medium heat, stirring, for 1 minute until garlic is fragrant. Add the stock and half and half to the skillet and simmer. Add the grated mozzarella and continue to cook the sauce over low heat, stirring constantly, until all the cheese is melted and the creamy sauce is formed. If the sauce is too thick, add a small amount of reserved cooked pasta water.
4) Add dried basil, crushed fennel seeds, crushed red pepper flakes, paprika, and stir well. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
5) Add cooked pasta to sauce and gently reheat over medium heat. Add the cooked shrimp. If the sauce becomes too thick, add a small amount of reserved cooked pasta water. Let everything simmer for a couple of minutes so that the flavors combine. Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese if desired, and serve the creamy garlic prawn pasta immediately. Enjoy!
Shrimp Pasta Recipe Tips
It's creamy shrimp pasta recipe It is made with bow tie pasta, shrimp, in a delicious garlic cream sauce, ready in less than 30 minutes. It's nutritious, super easy to make, and full of flavor! For a gluten-free version, use gluten-free brown rice pasta, just cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.
How to make creamy shrimp paste
- While the pasta is cooking, start preparing the shrimp and sauce. This ensures that the pasta and sauce are ready and hot at the same time.
- Keep the pasta al dente because they will absorb a little of the garlic cream sauce.
How to cook shrimp
- Frozen shrimp is fine for this recipe, but try your best to buy wild-caught shrimp. Fresh, wild-caught shrimp tend to taste better. You can use the shrimp with the tails on or off.
- Make sure to use a large skillet (at least 10 inches) because you're going to need room for all the pasta.
- Make sure you don't crowd the shrimp in the pan, otherwise moisture will form and the shrimp will not brown properly. You will end up with steamed rubber shrimp. Also, don't overcook the shrimp at first, otherwise they will dry out.
What to serve with the shrimp paste
Serve the creamy shrimp paste with a garnish of garlic bread and a fresh green salad. A generous pinch of high-quality olive oil is also a bonus, but it's optional.
More pasta recipes.
- Tomato Spinach Shrimp Pasta
- Instant pasta soup with shrimp
- 20 minute sausage pasta skillet
- Pasta pan with mushrooms and parmesan spinach
Garlic Shrimp Creamy Pasta