Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Is Creamy pasta and cheese recipe with chicken asparagus It is a light, but perfectly creamy, homemade pasta shell and cheese. It's made with chicken, asparagus, cream cheese, and feta cheese! It's basically the latest adult version of mac and cheese!
If pasta is the thing for dinner, you should try some of my other cheesy recipes, like this easy Instant Pot Mac and Cheese recipe, or this recipe for white cheddar cheese and cheese with shrimp and peas, or this delicious creamy pasta Asparagus Recipe.
My entire family enjoyed this easy dinner recipe
No, I did not find everything in my refrigerator and mixed it with pasta. Why do you ask?!?
More important! Everyone, including my pickiest eater, LOVED this easy weekday night meal!
Hey hey hello what's up My mother still answers that question with "Heaven …", and then laughs … has not realized that she is the ONLY one who laughs.
But to answer that question, I'm already looking forward to next week. I'm supposed to work, clean the house (every day), cook (well, that's a concert that pays for me), take two young children anywhere, help with homework, volunteer at both schools, and going to two birthday parties, AND a school party … And laundry … and and and.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Hey, how do you do it? I'm exhausted after writing everything for you. And this is like, every week. How the hell did my mother do all this? Oh wait. She did not do it! Again in my day Driving around 15 extracurricular activities just didn't happen. I think my mother would have given me the finger if I had asked her to do such a thing. Hahaha And she's not like that at all, but in this case, I think she would have turned on us.
I can't eat enough chicken asparagus pasta!
For what it's worth, at least I have dinner covered. Thinking that this creamy chicken and cheese asparagus pasta will happen again on Wednesday. The rest of the week is covered in this Weekly Meal Plan here. Print if YOU need all the help I need.
The highlight of my life right now is STILL the fact that it is always possible to get a home cooked meal on the table. I am not one to order takeaways (although I think about it A LOT…), and for that reason, I am very happy to know the ins and outs of preparing great meals in record time.
This shell and cheese deal really happened because I had two chicken breasts in the fridge, 10 stalks of asparagus, some feta cheese crumbs, and 4 ounces of Neufchatel cheese. The good news is that there are a LOT of flavors here and I love it.
How to Make Creamy Chicken Asparagus Pasta
To round things off, all we're doing here is sautéing chicken pieces with onion and garlic. Chicken broth and asparagus are added, along with a little neufchatel cheese and a good portion of pasta shells. A pinch of feta cheese brings it all to togetha. The end. Happy weekend!
WANT MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR NEW NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW THE DIET ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Creamy pasta and cheese recipe with chicken asparagus
Time to cook
This creamy pasta and cheese recipe with chicken asparagus is light, but perfectly creamy! Made with chicken, pasta, asparagus, cream cheese, and feta cheese!
Calories: 464 kcal
- 4 cups dried pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 (about 12 ounces) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1-1 / 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound fresh asparagus stalks, cut into 2-inch pieces (the woody ends of the asparagus are broken off and discarded)
- 4- ounces of Neufchatel cheese, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 / 4- cup skim milk, optional
- Prepare the pasta shells according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat butter and olive oil in large nonstick skillet / frying pan.
- Add chicken, onion, and garlic; season with salt and pepper and cook over medium-high heat for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until the chicken is golden and cooked through.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add asparagus and continue to cook for 6 minutes, or until liquid has reduced and asparagus is tender.
- Drain the pasta thoroughly and add it to the pan.
- Add the Neufchatel cheese and continue stirring until melted and everything is well combined.
- If the sauce seems a little dry, add skim milk and continue cooking until hot, about 1 minute.
- Remove it from the heat.
- Try the seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Transfer to serving plates and sprinkle with feta cheese.
- To serve.
Smart Points WW: 10
Keywords: cheese pasta recipe, chicken asparagus pasta, chicken pasta, chicken with asparagus, easy dinner idea, easy dinner recipe, easy pasta recipes
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE:
Healthier pasta recipes:
ASPARAGUS PASTA WITH GARLIC BUTTER
CHICKEN AND BRUCOL SHELLS AND CHEESE