How to make cornstarch flan or red paper flan. This is a traditional Mexican recipe that if you don't know, I invite you to try. It is a flan that does not need an oven and that we can prepare with very few ingredients. In just over 10 minutes we have prepared a delicious homemade custard that the whole family will like. A simple and fast way to pamper ourselves with a delicious homemade sweet.
As you can see, I have chosen to make small flan, because this format is more comfortable for us when serving. But if instead of making your red paper flan in individual flannels, you opt for a large flanger, it will be just as good.
One of the most important factors to consider when making these cornstarch custards is caramel. You can use the one they sell in packaging or make your own homemade liquid caramel. For me, caramel is crucial in this recipe, so it is very important that if the caramel you are going to use is industrial, it is of good quality. That said, let's go with the recipe for cornstarch flan.
Ingredients for 12 flans
- 1l milk
- 125g white sugar
- 80g cornstarch
- Lemon peel (only the yellow part)
- cinnamon stick
- a little yellow coloring
- 2 egg yolks size M
- candy for molds
Preparation of cornstarch custards
- To start making the red paper flan we will put the cornstarch with a cup of milk that we will reserve the indicated liter. Then we mix until both ingredients are completely integrated.
- Then we beat the two egg yolks.
- In a saucepan we put the rest of the milk and add the cinnamon and the lemon peel. We heat the milk until it is about to boil. At that time we remove the cinnamon and the skin of the citrus.
- Now we add the sugar and a little bit of food coloring. We remove to integrate. Then we add the reserved milk and cornstarch mixture. We constantly stir until it thickens, at that time we add the beaten yolks and continue stirring the mixture until it thickens. Then we remove it from the fire.
- Now we put the caramel in the flaneras.
- Then we pour the cornstarch flan mixture. Cover with plastic wrap to skin and take to the refrigerator for at least 8 hours, much better from one day to the next.
- After this time we just have to unmold and serve. And we can already enjoy a delicious and simple cornstarch flan.
contribute to the maintenance of this website with a small donation