Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Today David, who will proudly tell you that he is 6 years old and is the tallest in his class, made her adorable debut on my blog :). This post is all about cooking with kids and if you don't have kids, borrow from them (with permission, of course)! Cooking with children is a hoot. We had a lot of fun making this post, from shopping to tasting.
Watch the video to see what David made and be sure to enter the fun giveaway! PS I included a round of 20 kid friendly recipes from my blog to inspire you.
Why cooking with children is important:
1. Teach them a basic life skill: You have the opportunity to teach them how to cook and how to do it safely. It is better to teach them "how to fish" rather than just give them the fish, if you want :). The kitchen is a great classroom!
2. Build trust: It also helps children feel older and important.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
3. Inspire discerning eaters: Something about choosing and combining ingredients makes children more likely to try new foods.
4. Feed a servant's heart: They will feel good serving others making them a delicious meal, because that is the heart of the kitchen :).
5. It is fun: Messy, but fun. Don't cry for spilled milk, literally. It is much more memorable when an egg flies around the room (I'm not saying that happens to you);).
We really enjoyed making this video. It was sponsored by The show; MASTERCHEF JUNIOR on FOX. We were so excited when we were asked to create this video because (1) we like the show and (2) my son loves helping out in the kitchen. He has a fun loving personality and I will take any excuse to hang out with him. We hope this inspires you to involve your children in the kitchen.
It is a competition for children between 8 and 13 years old to show their culinary skills and their love for food. Contestants are adorable and award-winning chef Gordon Ramsay is the host. Everything is so much fun to watch. They go through a series of culinary challenges beginning with 24 contestants and a talented MASTERCHEF JUNIOR taking home a prize of $ 100,000!
PS Don't miss a new season of MASTERCHEF JUNIOR on Fridays at 8 / 7c on Fox!
20 of our favorite recipes for children:
1. Greek yogurt pancakes2. Quick and easy buttermilk pancakes 3. French Toast 4. Breakfast Burritos 5. Pops6 Corn Treats. Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies 7. Raspberry Jello Pretzel 8. Ukrainian Waffle Cakes 9. Cherry Cheesecake 10. Slow Cooked Chicken Tacos 11. Baked Chicken Nuggets 12. Easy Chicken Strips 13. BBQ Chicken Slow Cooker 14. Baked Salmon with Garlic and Dijon 15. Individual Homemade Pizzas 16. Easy Chicken Sandwich Melts 17. Cream Cheese Chile Cheese 18. Strawberry Smoothie 19. Mango Blueberry Smoothie 20. Lettuce Wraps (our son loves these with ranch)
Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉 cookJUNIORMASTERCHEFKidsDraw