Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
We developed this cold vegetarian pizza as part of a publication sponsored by The Marzetti® Brand. All opinions are 100% mine. #ForTheLoveofProduce
This is one of my favorite times of the year! School has just ended the year, which means more relaxed hours for all of us and more fun with family and friends. It also means more time outdoors, and in addition to going to the beach and barbecue, every summer we grow lots of vegetables and herbs in our backyard garden.
Living in New England, where the growing season is so short, fresh vegetables from the garden and local produce from the market are like gold to us! Nothing tastes better, and fresh vegetables are a perfect, healthy snack that always makes us feel better too! So what better way to get the whole family to eat some delicious and healthy vegetables than our Marzetti® Veggie Dip Cold Vegetable Pizza!
Follow us on PINTEREST!
This delicious pizza is easy to make and can feed a hungry crowd! To make this cold vegetarian pizza, you'll need a little focaccia or flatbread, plus all of your favorite fresh vegetables! We chose a colorful variety of vegetables, including fresh spinach, golden beets, diced red, orange and yellow bell peppers, red onion, grated carrots, asparagus, and cherry tomatoes.
And the real star of this Cold Veggie Pizza is that thick, rich and creamy Marzetti® Veggie Dip that we spread on the focaccia before putting it on the vegetables. Marzetti® Veggie Dips has a wonderful salty flavor that truly complements vegetables and enhances their fresh, natural goodness, and Marzetti® Veggie Dips are perfect for dipping any of your favorite fresh vegetables.
We chose the Marzetti® Spinach Veggie Dip flavor for our recipe today, but Marzetti® Veggie Dips comes in a wide variety of delicious flavors, so you're bound to find one you love.
Visit Marzetti® online, at Marzetti Kitchens, on Facebook, Pinterest and YouTube.
Marzetti® is giving away * a $ 50 VISA Gift Card (?) To a lucky A Family Feast reader. (Sorry, US residents only)
To enter, leave a comment below along with your email address before July 8, 2016 and tell me: "Which Marzetti® Veggie Dip is your favorite?"
* Giveaway terms and conditions: Open to anyone over the age of 18 with a valid US mailing address. USA The winner will be randomly selected on Saturday, July 9, 2006 through random.org from among all entries received. The winner will be contacted by email, so be sure to comment using a valid email address where we can contact you. RhythmOne will contact the winner who sponsored this giveaway on behalf of The Marzetti® Brand.
- A 12 × 17 inch focaccia or flatbread
- 4 ounces broccoli florets
- 4 ounces asparagus, bottomless
- 4 ounces red onion, diced
- 1 14-ounce container Marzetti® Spinach Veggie Dip (or any other Marzetti® Veggie Dip flavor you prefer)
- 2 ounces raw spinach
- 4 ounces red bell pepper, diced
- 4 ounces orange bell pepper, diced
- 4 ounces bell pepper, diced
- 4 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces golden beets, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 4 ounces carrots, peeled and grated
- Place the foccacia or flatbread on a baking sheet or tray.
- Bring a medium saucepan full of water to a boil and dip it in broccoli. Count for one minute and immediately remove it with a strainer in an ice water bath.
- Leave the water boiling and immerse yourself in the asparagus. Count 30 seconds and take it to an ice water bath.
- Remove broccoli and asparagus from ice-water bath and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- Place the onions in a small skillet with 2 tablespoons of water, cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. (If you like raw onions, feel free to leave them raw. However, the onions are large dice and we felt they needed to be softened a bit.) Set aside to cool.
- Start by smearing the entire container of Marzetti® Spinach Veggie Dip in the focaccia to the edges.
- Take the spinach and line the leaves up, overlapping the entire outer edge to the right in the Marzetti® Spinach Veggie Dip.
- Decide how you want your color scheme to go and arrange the vegetables in that order along rows. We went with red, orange, green, yellow, onions in the center, then red, orange, green and we ended up with yellow.
- Press vegetables lightly down into Marzetti® Vegetable Sauce with Spinach.
- To cut, use a very sharp knife and cut the center lengthwise. Cut pizza wedges up and down on each side until you have reached each end.
- Serve and enjoy.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Marzetti. The opinions and the text are all mine.
Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉 cold pizzavegetarian