How to make spongy cocoa cake. Homemade cupcakes are always perfect for weekly breakfasts and snacks. Yes, these are also made of chocolate, they like them much more. The homemade sponge cake that I bring you today is a variant of the famous traditional yogurt sponge cake, but this time with an irresistible touch of cocoa. A perfect way to introduce pure cocoa without sugar in the diet of the little ones.
Like all my homemade pastry recipes, this chocolate or cocoa cake is very easy to make. You just have to follow my instructions and you will get a delicious chocolate cake, to enjoy as a family. By the way, I have used a glass flower pot, but you can use a round mold without problem. Ideally, it should be between 21 and 23 cm in diameter. With that said, let's go with the recipe.
Ingredients for the sponge cake
- 3 size L eggs
- 125g Greek yogurt
- 170g pastry flour
- 50g of pure cocoa powder without sugar
- 15g chemical yeast or baking powder
- 85g sunflower oil
- 175g sugar
- Icing sugar to decorate
Cocoa sponge cake elaboration
- To start making the cocoa cake we are going to preheat the oven to 180º centigrade so that when we have the dough made, the oven is hot.
- Then we put the eggs and sugar in a bowl and beat them with the help of electric rods until the mixture blanches and doubles its volume.
- Next we are going to add the oil in the form of a thread. We must do it while continuing to beat. Once the oil is completely integrated, add the Greek yogurt and beat just enough so that it integrates with the rest of the ingredients. From this moment we will no longer use the electric rods.
- Now we put the flour, cocoa and yeast in a bowl. Stir until all ingredients are mixed well. Then we are going to add it to the previous mixture, while we are sieving.
- When we have all the solid ingredients in the dough we are going to mix them with some manual rods. We will do it until everything is perfectly integrated, by means of smooth and enveloping movements so that the dough does not lose air and we are left with a softer and fluffier cocoa cake.
- We must grease the mold very well with butter or sunflower oil. Then sprinkle a little cocoa, to make it easier to unmold the cake once done. You can also line the mold with baking paper, which is more comfortable for you.
- We take the cake to the oven and bake between 30 and 35 minutes or until when you click in the center with a skewer, it comes out completely clean.
- Now we take the cake from the oven, let it cool for 10 to 15 minutes in the mold and then remove it from the mold. Let cool on a wire rack.
- When it is completely cold, sprinkle icing sugar to taste and we already have a delicious cocoa cake ready.
contribute to the maintenance of this website with a small donation