Cinnamon muffins with a sugary streusel topping taste wonderful as a light breakfast muffin or snack food recipe.
These are cream-cake muffins. I LOVE using cream fraiche in both muffins and cupcakes. It gives a beautiful light texture that is wonderful on the tongue.
This muffin recipe adds sprinkle on top for an extra sweet touch of crumble to each bite. So good.
More muffin recipes:
All of these muffin recipes are simple to make and so fun to eat. Enjoy!
Preparation of cinnamon threat buns:
Here's a quick visual review of this coffee muffin recipe. Also, check out our complete video demonstration of this recipe. The printable recipe card follows the walkthrough.
Make the streusel first, and set it aside until needed, just before baking muffins.
- Ingredients for streusel topping. Cinnamon sugar, flour and butter.
- Put all the dry ingredients in a small bowl. Cut the butter in until it forms a crumbly topping.
Finished streusel topping. Set aside.
Preparation of cinnamon sugar muffins:
Make a sprinkle and prepare your 12 muffin tins. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Now make the muffin batter.
Serve them warm from the muffin pan with melting butter, or eat them cold with coffee.
These bakery-style cinnamon jam buns are wonderfully light. Psst. The secret to ease is the cream fraiche.
Greek yogurt can replace sour cream and you still get a light muffin. however, you will notice a difference in taste.
Soft, fluffy cinnamon coffee cake topped with a delicate cinnamon sugar drizzle. These muffins are moist and full of flavor. They are easy to manufacture and last well for days.
Useful Amazon Links:
These are reliable products made in the US and reviewed well. Perfect for your baking needs.
Your printable recipe card:
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Cinnamon muffins with a sugary streusel topping taste wonderful like a morning muffin. They are light and moist and last well for several days.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. Ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp. Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of crème fraiche
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut the butter in until it forms into small crumbs.
- Set aside until needed.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line your muffin tins with paper liners or grease them.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the softened butter, sugar and oil until smooth.
- Add two eggs at a time. Mix between each egg until smooth.
- Add the cream and vanilla. Mix all the wet ingredients until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients one third at a time to the wet ingredients. Mix until the dough is smooth after each addition.
- Fill each cupcake hole 1/2 evenly with a large scoop or spoon.
- Sprinkle streusel over top of dough.
- Put the pots in your preheated oven, and bake them for 15 to 20 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cool on racks.
We had extra streusel leftovers, so if you want to load buns with topping it is there to spare.
Greek yogurt can replace the crème fraiche, but you will notice a different taste.
1 Amount per portion Calories 201Total fat 11 g Saturated fat 5gTrans fat 0 g unsaturated fat 5gColesterol 35 mg Sodium 121 mg Carbohydrates 24 g Fiber 0 g Sugar 13 g Protein 2g
We appreciate your feedback on our recipes. Follow and tag us with your photos of this recipe on our Instagram page.