Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
It's fall, and this apple cinnamon bun is sure to be your new favorite quick bread recipe. You will find that the apple bread is moist, loaded with pieces of chopped apple along with cinnamon spices. It's great for breakfast, snack, or dessert!
Cinnamon and apple bread
During the fall months, I make homemade bread quite often. Most of the time, it is banana bread or zucchini bread. But, fall is all about apples and pumpkins, so chocolate chip pumpkin bun or this apple bun is often baked in the oven, too.
When combining brown sugar and cinnamon with apples, the flavors are always amazing. All three ingredients combine very well in this easy apple bread recipe. My family loves both breakfast and dessert! I often enjoy a slice or two with my night coffee.
When I have homemade apple bread in the oven, my house smells great. It almost smells like apple pie. But, there is no need to burn a scented autumn candle when this delight is baked.
I would consider cinnamon apple bread to be a dessert. But, it's also great to serve as a bread offering on Thanksgiving and Christmas. So, add it to your festive bread list.
Ingredients for making apple bread
- The apples
- Vanilla extract
- Brown sugar
- baking powder
How to make apple bread with cinnamon
First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Then line a bread pan with parchment paper and set aside. I used a 9 × 5 pan. Now, in a small bowl, mix together the cinnamon and brown sugar. Set aside.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
For the next step, add flour, baking powder, and salt to a medium bowl. Beat well and set aside.
You will then need to core, peel, and dice the apples. Firm apples will work better because they bake better than soft varieties. I like to use Granny Smith, Pink Lady or Gala apples. The softest apples when baked become porridge.
In a large bowl, mix together the butter, cinnamon, brown sugar, and white sugar.
Then add the eggs and vanilla. Using a hand mixer, beat on low to medium speed until well mixed.
For the next step, you will need to gradually add half the flour and half the milk. Use a spatula to mix, being careful not to mix too much. After mixing, add the remaining flour and milk and mix until incorporated again.
Now go ahead and pour half of the dough into the prepared bread pan.
And then cover with half of the apples.
Cover the apples with half the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Finally, add the remaining apples and top with the remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture. Bake for 50-60 minutes.
Can I freeze apple bread?
Sure, go ahead and make a loaf or two in advance. Then let the bread cool completely. It is best to wrap the bread in plastic wrap, before adding it to a freezer bag for storage.
Adapted from: Cookies and Cups and The Happier Homemaker!
Cinnamon and apple bread
It's fall, and this Apple Cinnamon Bread is sure to be your new favorite quick bread recipe. You will find apple bread Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 1 hour Servings: 8 servings
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar divided
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 spoon of vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 granny smith apples, cored, peeled and diced
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 9 × 5 bread pan with parchment paper, leaving a little sticking out on the sides.
- Mix 1/2 cup of brown sugar and 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter, sugar, remaining brown sugar, and remaining cinnamon.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and continue beating until well mixed.
- Using a spatula, add half of the flour mixture and half of the milk, stirring until just incorporated.
- Then add the remaining flour mixture and milk, stirring until just incorporated.
- Pour half of the dough into the prepared bread pan.
- Sprinkle half of the apples on top.
- Sprinkle 1/2 sugar and cinnamon mixture on top.
- Pour the remaining dough on top gently predating to cover.
- Sprinkle the remaining apples on top.
- Sprinkle the remaining sugar and cinnamon mixture on top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan.