Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Just when you thought you couldn't find any other chocolate peanut butter combos, I decided to give you one of my most popular vegan recipes, chia seed pudding – a great flavor boost!
This easy-to-make breakfast recipe calls for just a few simple pantry ingredients, including chia seeds, cocoa powder, and Thai-style canned coconut milk.
Of course, what takes it to the next level is that the pudding is sweetened with creamy natural peanut butter that I slightly melt in the microwave.
Best when prepared the night before, the pudding thickens in about an hour or two. When you wake up in the morning, the end result is a thick, soft, and slightly crisp breakfast pudding.
Before serving, I like to garnish with a little extra melted peanut butter, but fresh berries, banana slices, or crisp nuts would be great, too.
If you love chocolate and peanut butter together as much as I do, be sure to check out some of my other recipes:
Follow us on PINTEREST!
- Chocolate peanut butter drizzled
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes (Gluten Free!)
Your spoon is waiting.
Chocolate seed peanut butter pudding with chocolate
This chocolate peanut butter and chia seed pudding is a naturally vegan, high-protein breakfast or dessert recipe, perfect for prepping!
Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooling time 1 hour Total time 10 minutes
Servings4 Calories 420kcal
- 1.75 cup full-fat Thai coconut milk (one 13.66-ounce can)
- 1/4 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- melted peanut butter (optional garnish)
- mini chocolate chips (optional garnish)
- Before opening the can of coconut milk, shake well to help combine the milk solids with the liquid. Pour the milk into a medium bowl.
- Place the peanut butter in a small microwaveable bowl and heat for 45 seconds to melt. Whisk the melted peanut butter in the coconut milk along with the cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt.
- Add the chia seeds and beat once more. Divide the mixture between four glasses or bowls. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, garnish with additional melted peanut butter and / or mini chocolate chips or fresh berries if desired.
Serving: 1 glass | Calories: 420kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 238 mg | Potassium: 520mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin C: 3.1mg | Calcium: 120mg | Iron: 3.9mg
Do you need more breakfast recipes? Check out my Pinterest board!
Chiachocolate with peanut butter puddings