Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
The only thing better than Chocolate Cheesecake is a Chocolate Cheesecake. Even in the dead of winter! I'm serious.
The rich chocolate filling is lightened with whipped cream and poured onto a homemade chocolate chip cookie crust.
How to Whip Thick Cream to Soft Peaks
Start with a clean bowl and your thick cream. Chill the bowl if you have time (30 minutes in the freezer) and keep the cream in the refrigerator until you need it.
Using a stand mixer fitted with the whip attachment, or an electric mixer by hand, beat the cream over low heat; gradually increase speed to medium.
Do not turn the mixer on high or you may whip the cream too much. When you lift the tip of the whisk, the tip of the cream will slightly bend.
It takes 6 to 8 hours to freeze the solid cake (it's best if you can leave it overnight), but just like Grandma does, you can do it a month in advance. (She makes all her Christmas Eve food this way, too.)
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Let the cake sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before cutting it. You're going to love it!
My grandmother's famous chocolate ice cream cheesecake has a chocolate chip crust and a creamy chocolate cheesecake filling. And it is better to serve it cold! Cuisine: American Preparation time: 5 minutes Cook time: 25 minutes Freezing time 6 hours Total time: 6 hours 30 minutes Servings: 16 servings Calories: 217kcal
For the crust:
- 1 package (8 ounces) crushed Nabisco chocolate wafers
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
For the cream cheese filling:
- 1 (8 ounce) package softened cream cheese
- 3/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 16 ounces whipped cream
For the crust:
- In a medium bowl, combine the crushed chocolate wafers, sugar, and butter until well blended. Press on the bottom and sides of a spring pan, reserving 1/4 cup of the mixture to cover.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, chocolate syrup, and sweetened condensed milk. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer equipped with the whisk attachment, beat the whipped cream until smooth peaks form. Add the chocolate mixture until there are no streaks.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the springform pan and top with the reserved crumb mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and aluminum foil, and freeze, 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before serving. Store leftovers in the freezer.
Calories :: 217kcal
Chocolate Ice Cream Cake Cheese Recipe