Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
This post may contain affiliate links.
Between writing Peanut butter comfort And blogging for over 5 years, I've made a million peanut butter cookies.
I've stuffed them with rolls, cups of peanut butter, pieces of Reese, and more, but never turtles.
It was time to pair the two.
The cookies are soft, chewy, wonderfully thick, and have so many great flavors and textures in one. I used the Reese’s Pieces soft peanut butter cookies for inspiration, and the chocolate dough base.
Biting into the chocolate peanut butter cookie dough and trying the turtles with the crispy walnuts and gooey caramel combined with the salty caramel drizzle is magical.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
The batch only makes eleven (quite large) cookies, which I think is a blessing. Double the recipe if you need more or love cardio.
I used SKIPPY Roasted Honey Nut Creamy Peanut Butter or you can use SKIPPY Creamy Peanut Butter. I love to bake with honey roasted peanut butter for that extra layer of flavor and subtle sweetness.
If you want to make your own homemade turtles and salted caramel sauce, feel free, or use the store bought one to save time like I did.
With the arrival of the holidays, cooking should be quick, fun and easy, and these cookies are delivered. But they know slaves about them.
People's eyes are guaranteed to light up when they see them on their plate of Christmas desserts.
There is currently a #SkippyYIPPEE Holiday Pinterest Contest for a chance to win a lifetime supply (considered 600 jars – 12 jars a year for up to 50 years) of SKIPPY peanut butter for a lucky winner or a thousand bucks to other winners.
Enter the #SkippyYIPPEECookies giveaway for a chance to win nutterific peanut butter and supplies for the best peanut butter filled vacations. Enter for a chance to win one of the four prizes by doing the following:
- Follow the SKIPPY brand on Pinterest
- Create a new board called #SkippyYIPPEECookies Sweepstakes
- Pin three (3) SKIPPY cookie pins from this board to your #SkippyYIPPEECookies Giveaway board
- Attach at least three (3) other holiday pins (ingredients, holiday themed decorations) to your #SkippyYIPPEECookies Giveaway board for a total of six (6) pins to complete your perfect YIPPEE vacation. Official Rules.
Week 1: Best Baking Kitchen Kit (includes an annual supply of SKIPPY Peanut Butter, a set of kitchen utensils, a set of mixing bowls, and a hand blender)
Week 2: $ 1,000
Week 3: $ 1,000
Week 4: lifetime supply of SKIPPY peanut butter
Chocolate chip cookies with peanut butter and turtle
The cookies are soft, chewy, wonderfully thick, and have so many great flavors and textures in one. Biting into the chocolate peanut butter cookie dough and trying the turtles with the crispy walnuts and gooey caramel combined with the salty caramel drizzle is magical. I used store bought turtles and salted caramel sauce to save time. Cookies are fun, easy, and taste like slaves. People's eyes are guaranteed to light up when they see them on their plate of Christmas desserts.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer equipped with the paddle attachment (or a large mixing bowl and electric mixer) combine the egg, peanut butter, butter, sugars, vanilla and whisk on medium-high speed until well combined, about 4 minutes.
- Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl and add optional but recommended flour, cocoa powder, instant coffee granules (does not make cookies taste like coffee; serves to enhance and enhance chocolate flavor), baking soda, optional salt, and beat on low speed until combined, about 1 minute.
- Using a large cookie spoon, 1/4 cup measure, or your hands, form about 11 equal-size dough mounds, roll into balls, and flatten slightly. Although the cookies will spread out in the oven, make sure the dough mounds are wider than the Turtles; look at a turtle before forming dough mounds to make sure.
- Preheat oven to 350F, line baking sheet with Silpat, or spray with cooking spray. Place dough mounds on a baking sheet at least 2 inches apart (bake 8 cookies per sheet) and bake for about 9 to 10 minutes (for super soft cookies, longer for more well-done cookies), or until edges they have hardened and the caps have just been attached; do not over bake, which is easy to do with dark colored cookies (I baked one batch for 11 minutes and after cooling they were too dry for my liking).
- After removing the cookies from the oven, carefully add 1 turtle to the center of each cookie, lightly pressing it to adhere. As you press down, cookies are likely to develop some cracks around the perimeter, this is fine.
- Let the cookies cool on a baking sheet (I don't use a rack) for about 10 minutes before drizzling with caramel sauce and serving.
- Cookies will stay airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 6 months. Alternatively, the unbaked cookie dough can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 4 months, so consider baking only as many cookies as you like and save the remaining dough for baking in the future when you want.
Adapted from Reese’s Pieces Soft Peanut Butter Cookies
Averie Cooks recipe. All images and content are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, retype the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post to see the recipe. Thank you.
My cookbook is about peanut butter! Peanut butter comfort contains over 100 peanut butter recipes
Reese’s Pieces Smooth Peanut Butter Cookies: Peanut butter lovers will go nuts for these super soft Reese’s Pieces & chocolate loaded cookies!
Thick, Soft Chocolate Peanut Butter (GF) Cookies: NO butter or flour is used on these thick cookies that taste like peanut butter brownies!
Inside-Of-A-Peanut-Butter-Cup Cookies – Soft cookies that taste like the inside of peanut butter cups thanks to a special ingredient!
Homemade Turtles – Quick, easy, no-bake, and only 4 ingredients! Chewy, sticky, salty and sweet! Homemade always tastes better!
Perfect 4-Ingredient Easy Peanut Butter Cookies – Soft, Chewy, and Made with an Ingredient You'll Never Guess! It works and they are perfect!
The best turtle brownies: super sweet and loaded with chocolate, nuts and caramel! So.crazy.good!
Triple Peanut Butter Soft and Chewy Cookies: PB is used in 3 different ways in these mouth melted cookies! Lot size of only 8 cookies when you don't ‘need’ dozens out there!
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Filled Peanut Butter Cups – Two Kinds of PB in an Extra Thick, Soft, Chewy Cookie!
Best and Easiest Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce – Ready in 15 minutes and tastes 1000 times better than any store-bought sauce!
Publication presented by Skippy. The recipe, text, images and opinions expressed are mine.
We are participants in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees through advertising and links to amazon.com.
chocolate with cookies