Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Summer is officially here and it was about time, right? I don't know about you, but I like warmer, sunnier days, especially after all the rain this spring.
The season also brings a fresh harvest of delicious peas. I was lucky to get a beautiful performance from my mother's garden, but I was able to peel it off late at night after a long day and was just too tired to take photos. Just do it, you know.
Fresh peas are amazing. Sweet and tender, they are delicious on their own. But, the harvest doesn't last long and they hold extremely well in the freezer, so I just stored most of it right away.
Peas are also very versatile. You can put them in a sauce, like I did, or add them to a stir fry, or add them to your mashed potatoes, or even a soup.
I decided to combine them with chicken and bacon for a delicious lunch. You do not believe me? Try this easy Chicken with Peas and Bacon recipe in creamy sauce and add a side of plain rice. I guarantee you will love it!
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Chicken with peas and bacon in a creamy sauce
Try this easy Chicken with Peas and Bacon recipe in creamy sauce and add a side of plain rice. I guarantee you will love it!
300 g of chicken breasts
3 strips of smoked bacon
2 cloves of garlic
150 ml chicken broth
1 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
1 tablespoon of sour cream
salt, pepper to taste
1 tablespoon of oil
- Wash and dry your chicken breasts with paper towels. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Peel the onion and garlic cloves and cut them into thin slices. Chop strips of smoked bacon.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, then add a tablespoon of oil and lightly fry the bacon pieces, then remove them and reserve on a plate.
- Place the chicken breasts in the pan and fry them on each side for about 4 minutes, then remove them from the pan and set aside.
- Place the sliced onion in the pan and sauté until transparent. Then add the garlic and stir while frying for another minute. Pour the chicken broth over the onions and place them back on the chicken breasts and the pieces of bacon. Put a lid on the pan and cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- Then add the peas to the pan and cook for a couple of minutes, just enough for the peas to soften. Remove the pan from the heat and add a tablespoon of sour cream and, if necessary, season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with plain rice.
Calories: 616.86 Total Fat: 39.42 g Saturated Fat: 10.61 g Sodium: 964.1 mg Carbohydrates: 20.55 g Fiber: 4.82 g Sugar: 8.43 g Protein: 43.49 g