Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Chicken wings with soy, ginger and garlic They are a sticky, sweet and tasty appetizer with a kick. They are infused with a marinade of soy, ginger, and garlic, then baked until golden. Serve these tasty wings on game day or at your next party. But be careful: they could disappear in an instant!
If you are like me, nothing better than Crispy chicken wings served with a delicious finger-licking sauce. You get a crisp sweet and salty on the outside and a fresh, juicy chicken on the inside. It is a combination made in heaven.
But if you think you can only get a touch of freshness when frying, think again. Today, I will show you how to recreate your favorite oven bar wings that bake in the oven. All you need is a rack and baking sheet to make these wings the best Super Bowl recipe or party appetizer.
Soy Garlic Ginger Chicken Wings Ingredients
For the base of the wings, this is what you will need:
- Chicken wings – 2 pounds, which is about 20-24 wings (be sure to remove the tips and separate the drumettes)
- Avocado oil – 1 tablespoon (you can also use any olive oil)
- Salt and pepper – try
As for the sauce, soy-garlic-ginger It is a tasty combination that fuses all the correct Asian flavors. It is sweet, spicy, and fresh garlic and ginger add a touch of flavor. To make the sauce, just gather these ingredients:
- Honey – 1/2 cup
- Soy sauce – 1/4 cup (I have used Tamari for gluten-free soy sauce and you can also use coconut amino acids)
- Garlic cloves – 4 large chopped teeth
- Ginger – 1 tablespoon finely diced fresh ginger
- Water – 1/4 cup
How to make chicken wings
Once you have prepared your wings, simply put them in the oven, prepare the sauce while you wait and then mix them.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove moisture from chicken wings using a paper towel to dry.
- Mix the wings with oil, salt and pepper. in a large mixing bowl.
- On a grid, spread the wings in a single layer. Be sure to first place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet, then place the wire rack on top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes., until crisp.
- While the wings are cooking, prepare the sauce. Add honey, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and water to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to a low level and simmer and reduce for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and let it cool. Note that it will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Remove the wings from the oven and put them in the sauce. Then place them back in the oven on the rack and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
If you have any leftover sauce, you can cover the chicken wings again or serve as a dipping sauce.
Chicken Wing Recipe Video
Do you want to see me make these chicken wings? I will guide you step by step in the next video, give him a watch!
How to get crispy baked chicken wings
While baking the wings in the oven naturally gives you a slightly crisp exterior, there are a few ways to get a bigger crunch without frying. You can boil the wings or cover them with baking powder.
Parboil the chicken before baking
- Boil a large pot of water and cook the chicken wings for about 10 minutes. When boiling, it removes some of the excess oil from the skin creating a thinner layer that can more easily crunch.
- Drain the wings in a strainer and pat dry with a paper towel. Make sure to tighten each wing well. The more water you can remove, the crispier they will be.
Coat the wings in baking powder
- Use 1 tablespoon of baking powder (not baking soda) to evenly coat the wings. Then add additional seasonings like salt and pepper.
What to serve with chicken wings
Do you want more party snacks? to serve with your chicken wings? You can always cut some fresh vegetables, such as celery sticks, cucumbers, or peppers, and serve with a creamy hummus.
But if you're looking to whip up a full table full of party snacks, here are some readers' favorite recipes!
Chicken wings with soy, ginger and chicken – Baked chicken wings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
Servings: 4 servings
Baked chicken wings with a sweet, gooey sauce made from honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger. Serve these tasty wings during the Super Bowl, game day, or your next party. Check out the video above to see how I make them!
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce, see notes below
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely diced
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 pounds chicken wings, no tips and separate drumettes (24-26 chicken wings)
- 1 tablespoon of avocado oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
Use a paper towel to wipe away moisture from the chicken wings.
Mix the wings with the oil, salt and pepper.
Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet, and then place a wire rack on top. Spread the wings in a single layer on the baking sheet.
Bake for 40-45 minutes until crisp.
While the wings are cooking, prepare the sauce. Add honey, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and water to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to low, allowing to simmer for 10 minutes, or until it reduces slightly and thickens.
Remove the sauce from the heat and let it cool. It will continue to thicken as it cools.
Remove the wings from the oven. Mix the wings in the sauce and place them back in the oven on the baking sheet and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- For soy sauce, I use gluten-free tamari, but you can also use coconut amino acids for a soy-free and paleo-friendly option.
- I always recommend a sturdy baking sheet so it won't warp when cooking. Here is the baking sheet I use.
Calories: 492kcal, Carbs: 49g, Protein: 25g, Fat: 23g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 94mg, Sodium: 1173mg, Potassium: 273mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 47IU, Vitamin C: 2mg , Calcium: 27 mg, Iron: 2 mg