Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Chicken wings with honey and mustard They are a classic recipe for crispy, sweet and spicy party food. The wings are baked to perfection and topped with a delicious creamy sauce. All you need are a few simple ingredients and an hour, it's that easy!
While chicken wings are perfect for game day, they really can be eaten anytime, anywhere. Shake them as a dinner appetizer or a "Treat yourself" weekend snack. And besides, instead of frying and making a mess, these wings are baked directly in the oven.
While the wings are baking, simply prepare the honey and mustard sauce in a small bowl. Then coat your wings with the sauce, bake again, and serve with any leftover sauce as a dipping sauce. The chicken and honey and mustard combo is irresistible. Now let's get into that.
Honey Mustard Chicken Wings Ingredients
Prepare your wings Before baking with these ingredients:
- Chicken wings – 2 pounds, which is about 20-24 wings (be sure to remove the tips and separate the drumettes)
- Avocado oil – 1 tablespoon (you can other oils like olive oil)
- Salt and pepper – try
This is what you will need to do the Honey Mustard Sauce:
- Dijon mustard – 1/3 cup (you can also use ground mustard)
- Honey – 3 tablespoons
- Apple cider vinegar – 2 teaspoons
- Hot sauce – 2 teaspoons (you can go as hot and spicy as you want!)
How to Make Baked Chicken Wings with Honey and Mustard
To make this recipe, all you need to do is bake your wings in the oven and create the sauce on the side. Do you want to see me do it? Just watch the video below!
Follow us on PINTEREST!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove moisture from chicken wings using a paper towel to dry.
- Mix the wings with oil, salt and pepper. in a large mixing bowl.
- On a grid, spread the wings in a single layer. Be sure to first place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet, then place the wire rack on top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes., until crisp.
- While the wings are cooking, prepare the sauce. Add the dijon mustard, honey, apple cider vinegar, and hot sauce to a small bowl. Stir everything until it is nice and creamy.
- Remove the wings from the oven and put them in the sauce. Then place them back in the oven on the rack and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
If you have leftovers of sauce, save it for dipping! And if you want to make sure you have extra sauce for dipping, you can always double the sauce recipe.
How to get crispy chicken wings in the oven
If you've taken a look at my soy garlic and ginger chicken wings recipe, I have mentioned a few ways to make your wings a little crispier. You can boil the chicken or cover it with baking powder. Here's how to do each method.
Parboil the chicken before baking
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then cook the chicken wings for 10 minutes. Boiling removes excess oil from the skin, creating a thin layer that can crunch more easily.
- Drain the wings in a strainer and pat dry with a paper towel. Make sure to tighten each wing well. The more water you can remove, the crispier they will be.
Coat the wings in baking powder
- Use 1 tablespoon of baking powder to evenly coat the wings. Then add the rest of the seasonings like salt and pepper.
More easy chicken recipes
If you are looking for easier ways to cook chicken, try these recipes. The various flavors and textures will keep your meals exciting throughout the week!
Chicken wings with honey and mustard
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 55 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
Servings: 4 servings
Honey mustard chicken wings are a classic recipe for crispy, sweet, and spicy party food. Just make sure you do enough as they disappear quickly.
- 1/3 cup dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 2 pounds chicken wings, tips removed, and separate drumettes (about 20-24 wings)
- 1 tablespoon of avocado oil or olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
Use a paper towel to wipe away moisture from the chicken wings.
In a large bowl, mix the wings with the oil, salt, and pepper.
Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet, and then place a wire rack on top. Spread the wings in a single layer on the wire rack.
Bake 45-50 minutes or until crisp.
While the wings are cooking, prepare the sauce. Add the dijon mustard, honey, apple cider vinegar, and hot sauce to a bowl and stir until well combined.
Remove the wings from the oven. Mix the wings in the sauce and place them back in the oven on the baking sheet and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- I always recommend a sturdy baking sheet so it won't warp when cooking. Here is the baking sheet I use.
Calories: 365kcal, Carbs: 14g, Protein: 23g, Fat: 24g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 94mg, Sodium: 379mg, Potassium: 220mg, Fiber: 1g, Vitamin A: 195IU, Vitamin C: 3mg , Calcium: 27 mg, Iron: 2 mg