Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
This chicken soup with broccoli and parmesan is a quick cooking recipe and vibrant soup that the whole family will love. It's a cozy (and healthy!) Meal, prepared in 30 minutes.
Cold, wet and unpleasant weather demands a warm and cozy cheesy soup, right? This soup hits the spot if you're experiencing torrential rains like we're here in Southern California, or sub-zero temperatures in other parts of the country. What I love about this particular recipe is that it combines super fast, in less than 30 minutes. That means nothing is overcooked ~ broccoli and spinach stay vibrant and full of flavor. It reaches that sweet spot where they are comfortable and healthy.
If you could see the trunk next to my bed, you would have a smile. It is full of magazines and cookbooks, most of them open, with torn pages strewn all over the place. The problem is that the more I frame and start, the more it is buried in a landfill of recipes … that will never be seen again. But every once in a while, when I get up in the morning, something will catch my attention and I'll take it while I go out to work (that is, the few steps to my office). The other day it was this beautiful broccoli soup, I couldn't let it languish there, it was calling me. It's from December's Good Housekeeping.
Cozy soups that don't take long to prepare (30 minutes or less!) Are my favorites …
- Italian sausage and bean soup ~ I use a special method with this and other soups that contain a lot of fresh vegetables … after adding the cut vegetables, I boil the soup, turn off the heat, cover and let it rest for 30 minutes. . This allows the vegetables to be cooked only in one stage al dente. When I cook soup this way, the vegetables stand firm for days to spare. It is a great trick!
- It's not your grandmother's chicken soup ~ super colorful vegetables make this broth soup so joyful and a bright green basil pistou illuminates it even more.
- Finnish salmon soup ~ This is a great Scandinavian-inspired meal with a light milky fish broth and plenty of thick potatoes, carrots, and salmon.
- Irish leek and potato soup ~ an Irish classic, this soup has a lovely green color and a silky texture.
Chicken soup with broccoli and parmesan
This chicken soup with broccoli and parmesan is a fast and vibrant soup that will delight the whole family. It's a cozy (and healthy!) Meal, prepared in 30 minutes.
Course dinner, soup
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Makes 6 servings
- 2 broccoli heads or broccoli crowns
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 32 ounces carton chicken broth
- 3 large handfuls of tender spinach
- 1/2 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese, you can substitute it for white cheddar cheese
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup of cream
- 1 cooked chicken breast, I used a minced roast chicken
Put a pot of water to boil on the stove to blanch the broccoli. Meanwhile, cut the broccoli into small florets and cut the tender upper stems into thin slices.
Heat the oil in a large saucepan and sauté the stems, onion, and garlic for about 8 minutes, stirring frequently.
Dip the florets in the pot of boiling water for about 30-45 seconds, then drain and rinse immediately with cold water before continuing with the recipe. I love how it sets the bright green of broccoli.
Add the chicken stock to the soup pot and simmer. Add the broccoli flowers (reserving about 2 cups for garnish) along with the spinach. Bring the soup back to a boil, then simmer for 5-10 minutes. Add cheese and lemon juice.
Puree the soup, in batches, in a food processor. You can also use an immersion blender, but it will take longer.
Return the soup to the pot, add the cream and simmer, then try adjusting the salt or add additional cheese if desired.
Serve the soup in bowls with the reserved broccoli flowers and the shredded chicken. Give each plate a shower or Parmesan cheese and freshly ground black pepper and dig.
Calories: 294.51kcal | Carbohydrates: 22.49 g | Protein: 16.38 g | Fat: 17.2g | Saturated Fat: 7.4g | Sodium: 622.25mg | Fiber: 5.83g | Sugar: 7.38g
Serving suggestions ~
Serve your soup with a crispy artisan loaf from the supermarket or a simple homemade bread. Something easy like Irish Oatmeal Soda Bread or Crispy Anadama Rolls, or my Quick whole wheat oat rolls it would be great.
Thanks for fixing this chicken soup with broccoli and parmesan!
broccoli, parmesan, chicken, soup