Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
- 1/2 tablespoon of oil
- 1/2 leek, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 250 g diced chicken breast fillet
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup arborio rice
- 4 cups Massel * Chicken-style liquid broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
* Massel is recommended by the best recipes in Australia
Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the leek and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until smooth.
Add the dried tomatoes and balsamic vinegar and cook until the liquid is absorbed.
Add chicken and cook until golden brown. Add the wine and bring to a boil. Add the rice and stir to coat.
Add 1 cup broth, stirring constantly over medium heat until all liquid is absorbed. Continue adding the broth, 1L at a time, stirring until all of the broth is absorbed and the rice is tender (depending on the heat it will take 3-4 cups of broth).
Add the chives and serve.
I add 1 liter of broth at a time and walk away and do other things for about 10 minutes.
However, you can add broth slowly and stir constantly if you prefer.