Creamy chicken pasta pasta. This pasta salad is topped up and tossed with a creamy ranch sauce. This dish is constantly requested and it never lasts long! Perfect for potlucks or family meals.
How to make a pasta salad:
- Cook the pasta: cook the pasta of your choice for al dente, which means it has a small bite to leave, that cooking too long can result in ugly noodles. To get the best noodle, first boil the water, add salt and add the noodles to cook. When they are done cooking, strain the noodles and pour cold water over them to stop the cooking process.
- Prepare the meat: this pasta salad is filled with chunks of juicy chicken breast and crumbled salt bacon.
- Prepare vegetables: this recipe calls for juicy tomatoes and fresh red onion. If you wish, you can add additional vegetables.
- chill: Like all good pasta salads, this dish is best served cold. Cover and refrigerate in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving.
Tips for preparing this pasta salad:
- meat: to get this dish together quickly and easily, Use a rotisserie chicken. Or cook the chicken ahead of time and store in the fridge until ready to put the salad together.
- Bandage: store bought ranch dress can be usedinstead of the homemade dressing. Or, prepare the dressing in advance and store it in a sealed container in the refrigerator before using. This ranch dressing can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
CHICKEN PASTA SALAD DRESSING:
The best part of this pasta salad is the homemade ranch dressing. It is smooth and creamy, has the right amount of seaweed and can be made with either fresh herbs or dried herbs depending on what you have on hand. Here is a quick overview of the necessary ingredients:
- Mayonnaise / crème fraiche / milk: all this depends on the consistency you prefer. The recipe below calls for a mix of mayonnaise and cream fraiche that gets a thicker bandage, almost a ranch dip. If you want to thin it out a little, add a small amount of milk.
- herbs: a mixture of parsley and dill gives a fresh taste. Dried herbs or fresh herbs can be used.
- Spice: onion powder, garlic powder and salt round off the flavors.
- Lemon juice: either a hit of citrus or a splash of white vinegar finishes the dressing.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 3 days.
- Freezing is not recommended.
What to serve with this creamy chicken pasta salad:
- 8.8 ounces of pasta, rotini
- 1 pound of chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- salt pepper
- 5 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, slices
- ¼ cup red onion, cubes
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Bring a large saucepan of water cooked over medium heat. Add salt and stir. Pour in the pasta and cook it to al dente, where it still has a small bite, not mushy. Strain the paste and set it aside.
Cook the bacon over medium heat in a large skillet for preferred doneness. Remove the bacon and allow to cool before chopping. Set aside.
Sprinkle both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large frying pan. Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes, then turn and cook the other side for another 5 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 ° F. Remove the chicken and allow to cool before chopping.
Prepare the ranch dressing in a small bowl. Stir the mayonnaise and cream together. Add spices and lemon juice, stir together.
In a large bowl, combine the cooled pasta, bacon, chicken, cheese, red onion, tomatoes and stir. Spoon the ranch dressing into the bowl to coat the pasta salad.
Cover and refrigerate in the fridge for 2 hours before serving.
Can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Calories: 428 kcal, carbohydrates: 21 g, protein: 18 g, fat: 30 g, saturated fat: 8 g, cholesterol: 64 mg, sodium: 408 mg, potassium: 304 mg, fiber: 1 g, sugar: 2 g , vitamin A: 275IU, vitamin C: 3 mg, calcium: 103 mg, iron: 1 mg
Recipe first published February 24, 2015. Updated May 12, 2020 with new photos and information.
House of Yumm is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide us with a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
Never miss a recipe
Subscribe to receive new posts by email.