Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Sharing is showing interest!
This weekend is the annual Strawberry Festival in our city, an event that is in its fourth year, but has already won the SC Event of the year two years in a row and attracts more than 50,000 people. It goes without saying that we are a little crazy about strawberry at this time of year. Strawberry beer, strawberry tart, fried strawberries, strawberry bread. You say it.
And why not go ahead and add strawberry chicken salad to the list. With a creamy and slightly sweet and spicy dressing made from mayonnaise and homemade poppy seed dressing, this chicken salad is a nice change from the norm. Blended into some beautiful diced ripe strawberries, this salad is dressed appropriately for spring. Some chopped almonds add a nice crunch, and a little fresh basil is the prelude to summer.
Whether you're serving it on top of a bed of lettuce as a salad or between two hearty slices of wheat bread as a sandwich, you're sure to find it delicious!
Chicken And Strawberry Salad
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup poppy seed dressing (follow recipe)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Drizzle the chicken with olive oil and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes per side and remove it to a plate to cool.
- Dice the chicken and place it in a medium bowl. Add mayonnaise, poppy seed dressing, and red onion and stir well.
- Gently add basil and strawberries and sprinkle with almonds.
Yield: 4 servings
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Poppy seed dressing
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl and beat until well combined.
More strawberry recipes
Pork Tenderloin with Balsamic Strawberries