Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
This chia pudding with berries and oatmeal mixed is heaven! Vegan, gluten-free and healthy.
Do you like chia seeds and chia pudding?
I recently boarded the chia seed train as I was always skeptical about it. I mean, there is a warning on the packaging that you should not consume more than 15 grams of seed per day. That can't be good, can it? I mean, how can you make a pudding with just 15 grams of seeds?
Enter the Spectacular Chia Seed 🙂 Once you feed it liquid, it will swell, enlarge, and transform completely. And yes, I was not a believer, but now I also make chia pudding 🙂
The flavor of the seeds per se is not at all remarkable, but once combined with things like berries, it makes a perfectly enjoyable breakfast. The strangest thing is the pudding texture reminiscent of … frog eggs, floating next to a pond. This is rare? I'm the only one??
Leaving the strange look and texture aside, this Chia Pudding with Berries is not only pretty, but also healthy, and you can enjoy it any day of the year 😉
Follow us on PINTEREST!
When I was making this recipe and testing chia seeds for the first time, I wanted to make sure I wouldn't be without breakfast in case the experiment proved to be a failure. So I also made oatmeal overnight, just in case. Then, in the morning, while preparing breakfast, I tried the chia pudding and realized that my concerns were not at all.
But when Mitja said she would eat it too, suddenly the portion of pudding was not enough for 2 people. Fortunately, I had the overnight oatmeal waiting, I decided to combine the two and add the berry sauce and, why not, some pistachio cream as well. And boy, was this a great weekend breakfast for two?
Chia pudding with berries and mixed oats
Performance: 2 Preparation time: 10 minutes Time to cook: 10 minutes Total time: 20 minutes
This chia pudding with berries and oatmeal mixed is pure paradise. A healthy gluten-free and vegan breakfast option for any day.
- 15 g chia seeds
- 4 tablespoons rolled oats
- 200 ml of milk of choice
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup of berries, fresh or frozen (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, …)
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar (can be replaced with regular)
- 2 tablespoons pistachio cream
- 1 teaspoon minced white chocolate
- 1 teaspoon of chopped pistachios
- a couple of raspberries from other berries to decorate
- The night before, prepare the chia pudding and oatmeal: place the chia seeds in a jar and cover with approximately 100 ml of milk of choice (plant-based or dairy-based). Add a little salt, stir well, cover with a lid, and refrigerate overnight. Do the same with oatmeal: put oatmeal in a jar, cover with approximately 100 ml of milk of your choice, stir, cover with lid and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, mix the oats briefly with a blender.
- Put the berries in a pan, add 1 teaspoon of brown sugar and heat over medium heat. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring regularly, until the berries are reduced to a thick sauce. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Assemble your pudding. Put mixed oatmeal in the bottom of a jar or glass, add a layer of berry sauce, add a teaspoon of pistachio cream, and top with a layer of chia seed pudding. Decorate with berries, chopped pistachios and white chocolate. To serve.
Calories: 200.36 Total Fat: 9.56g Saturated Fat: 3.85g Sodium: 195.86mg Carbohydrates: 23.78g Fiber: 5.18g Sugar: 11.8g Protein: 6.84g
Do you like this recipe? Let us know in the comments below or on social media using @RecetasLatinas and tag us @RecetasLatinas.
You can connect with us on our Instagram and Facebook account or on Pinterest. Don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter and keep up to date with our latest recipes 😉