Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Hello I Heart Nap Time readers! My name is Amber from Dessert Now, Dinner Later! I am so excited to be here to welcome you to the summer with all of you! I can't think of anything that screams, "SUMMER!" Better than a cold, refreshing drink to keep you cool.
There's something about drinking an ice cold drink by the pool or on my patio, while I watch my children play. These are moments that really create fun memories.
If you are a mother, you know how much fun it is to go out with your children during the summer, and all that heat requires a little rehydration. This fun non-alcoholic drink is perfect for adults and children alike. It is FRUIT (we are talking about bananas and lemonade), TROPICAL (using pineapple juice and coconut cream) and extremely FRESH and REFRESHING (between the ice cubes and the carbonated soda). I hope you like it as much as we do! (We've already done it twice!) Enjoy!
Recipe by: Amber (Dessert now, dinner later!)
Course: Drinks Cuisine: American Keyword: Caribbean granita Preparation time: 10 minutes Total time: 10 minutes Servings: 11 Calories: 160 I can't think of anything that screams "SUMMER!" Better than a cold, refreshing drink to keep you cool.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
- 2 cups cold pineapple juice
- 1 cup coconut cream OR light coconut cream NOT coconut milk; I use the Coco Lopez brand found in the hallway with the alcoholic mixers.
- 6 tablespoons Country Time Lemonade dry drink mix
- 2 frozen bananas freeze bananas in advance without the peel
- 4-5 cups of ice
- 1 cup coconut and pineapple sparkling water I used the Clear American brand, but the Sparkling Ice brand could be more common; Both are zero calorie soft drinks and either is fine.
- * Unless your blender can hold approximately 11 cups of liquid, divide the ingredients and mix half at a time. (I used the tall pitcher in my Ninja blender and it hardly fits me.)
- Blend half of the first 5 ingredients until all ice is pureed. Add half of the soda and mix again until incorporated.
- Repeat with the remaining half of the ingredients. Pour into cups and serve immediately.
Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 29 g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 24mg | Potassium: 132mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 15 IU | Vitamin C: 6.4mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 0.2mg
If this drink made your taste buds flow, you might also be interested in my fruit sauce with coconut cream, coffee cake with strawberries and cream, or chicken cake crumble. There are also many more sweets and foods to try on my blog. I would love for you to go through DNDL anytime!
I'm Amber from Dessert Now, Dinner Later! where no one will commit if you eat your dessert before dinner! My blog is where I share favorite recipes, along with my knowledge and skills as a culinary graduate. Don't be intimidated! My recipes are simple and full of flavor so that you can surprise your family and friends. I'm here to help make your time in the kitchen as stress-free as possible by sharing everything I know. Keep up to date with what is happening in my kitchen through: Facebook, Bloglovin ‘or Pinterest. Don't be shy, stop and say "Hello!" Feel free to ask any questions while you are there. I would love to help!
THANK YOU Amber for sharing this fun project during our Hello Summer event! Click HERE to see more event ideas.
caribbean hailed summer