Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
No Churn Wild Blueberry Frozen Yogurt (3 Ingredients!) ~ That's all natural, fat-free and no refined sugar, I find it a pretty refreshing deal.
This is a formula that can and should be repeated throughout the summer with any fruit and yogurt you have on hand. You can use frozen fruit from the freezer aisle or freeze yours. The formula is quite simple to remember, it is 2 cups of yogurt for 4 cups of frozen fruit. A little honey to sweeten the deal, and you're ready to go.
Kids love it, health-conscious adults love it… dogs love it too (and they sure do eat 🙂 Note: children under 12 months should not eat honey.
I use a Vitamix blender to make my frozen yogurt. The motor is so strong that it turns frozen fruit and plain yogurt into creamy ice cream in 30 seconds to a minute. You can take it straight out of the blender to serve it gently, or freeze it for a couple of hours to firm it up. The Vitamix is definitely an expensive machine, but if you like to make purees, creamy soups or ice creams and frozen yogurts, it is a fabulous machine. You can also use a regular full-size food processor.
Once you start playing around with a good blender and frozen fruit, you'll find all kinds of fun things to do.
How to freeze fresh fruit:
- Wash and dry your fruit. Spread it in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Berries can be left whole (peel strawberries and cherries) and larger fruits should be pitted, chopped, and sliced. You can peel it or leave it peeled, it's up to you, but be sure to remove the hard melon peel and pineapple skin.
- If you plan to use your fruit for baking, cut it into chunks of the right size, as you will be using it directly from frozen.
- Put the tray in the freezer and freeze until solid, about an hour.
- Put the frozen fruit in a thick zip-lock freezer bag and date-label. The frozen fruit will last a year.
Best of all, once you finish your bowl of wild blueberry frozen yogurt, you can eat a little more – it's good for you!
Also try ~
If you make a lot of frozen treats, you might consider buying an isolated ice cream storage tubThis is a container that has insulated walls that help keep ice cream, sherbet, or frozen yogurt fresh and free of burns in the freezer. The long shape helps you get that perfect scoop. They have less than $ 15.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
No Churn Wild Blueberry Frozen Yogurt (3 Ingredients!)
- 2 cups plain yogurt use fat-free, low-fat, or full-fat. You can also use vanilla flavored yogurt.
- 4 cups frozen wild blueberries
- 3-4 tablespoons of honey or more to taste
Let the frozen berries sit for 5 minutes as you gather your ingredients.
Put all the ingredients in a high speed blender, starting with the yogurt, and mix, using the manipulation tool to push everything towards the blades, until smooth and creamy. Don't mix too much or the frozen yogurt will start to melt.
Enjoy right away or spread out in a bowl and freeze until firmer. If you leave the frozen yogurt overnight, it will get quite tough, so leave it out for several minutes before serving. The day is better.
Make it yours ~
- Do it with another fruit ~ frozen raspberries, rhubarb, blackberries, pineapple, or strawberries. Regular blueberries can also be used.
- Make it non-dairy ~ use coconut yogurt, almond milk yogurt or no yogurt, just mix the fruit with a little water and honey to get a sherbet.
- Make it a smoothie ~ add fewer berries for a smoothie consistency. Add fruit juice or coconut milk for weight loss.
* The View from Great Island participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program ~ Its cost is the same, but I earn a small Amazon commission that helps keep tvfgi in the kitchen!
blueberry ice cream marshmallow little yogurt