Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
How is brownie pizza made?
- First, make the dough for the brownie crust.
- While the crust is baking, whip up a super smooth cream cheese frosting.
- Wash and cut a variety of fruits for the ingredients and design according to your heart's desires.
- To add a little more finesse, brush the fruit with heated apricot jelly to give it that shine.
What is the easiest way to melt chocolate?
The short answer: the microwave. Our brownie crust requires the process of gradually and delicately melting chocolate and butter.
To achieve this, we need to slowly raise the temperature of the chocolate and butter to prevent burning. This is why we melt them in 30 second intervals, while stirring between each interval.
Wait to melt the chocolate until it is completely smooth. Melt until a few pieces of chocolate remain as the residual heat will continue to melt the chocolate and butter until smooth.
Can I substitute cocoa powder for chocolate?
Yes, but some minor adjustments are required.
- To replace the 2 ounces of sweet and sour chocolate, use 6 tablespoons of cocoa powder and increase the butter by 2 tablespoons and the sugar by 4 teaspoons.
- Melt the butter as directed in the recipe and beat the cocoa powder in the hot butter to help it flourish.
The flowering of cocoa powder improves its flavor and releases the natural aroma that is trapped in the solids.
How are fruits glazed?
- Heat a few tablespoons of apricot jam over low heat or in 30-second intervals in the microwave.
- Gently brush the fruit with a pastry brush.
This is the trick pastry chefs use to get that delicious shine on fruit pies!
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Can I use a dressing other than fruit?
Yes! Although the fruit provides a healthy and naturally sweet topping, feel free to use any dessert topping you choose.
Try a combination of M & Ms chocolate candies, Kit Kats and Reeses Pieces, or a sweet and savory combination of toasted and salty nuts (or pretzels!), Chocolate chips and caramel. Just be sure to skip the apricot jelly.
Do you want to surprise all your chocolate-loving friends? Tell them you serve brownie pizza for dessert! With a chewy brownie crust, sweet cream cheese frosting, colorful fruit toppings, and an apricot frosting to finish, it's a beautiful, delicious, and spectacular masterpiece in itself. Type of American cuisine Preparation time: 20 minutes Cook time: 50 minutes Total time: 1 hour 10 minutes Servings: 8 calories 365 kcal
For the brownie crust:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon of chocolate syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
For the cream cheese frosting:
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Fresh fruits like berries, bananas, clementines, and kiwi.
- Apricot jelly for drizzle, optional
To make the brownie crust:
- Set the oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 9-inch round cake pan with parchment paper and coat paper and sides of pan with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, heat the chocolate and butter in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and microwave in additional 30 second increments until a few pieces of chocolate remain. Stir until completely smooth. Pour into large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, mix together sugar, sour cream, chocolate syrup, egg, egg white, and vanilla until smooth. Pour into the large bowl with the chocolate and beat until combined.
- Add dry ingredients until just incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, mostly with a few crumbs. Let cool in the pan for at least 1 hour.
To make the cream cheese frosting:
- While the cake cools, mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Cover and chill until the cake has cooled.
- Use a plastic knife to cut around the inside of the pan and loosen the cake. Remove from the pan and peel the parchment paper from the bottom. Arrange in a serving platter.
- Top with cream cheese frosting. Arrange the fresh fruit in a rainbow pattern or as desired. Cut and serve. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Calories :: 365kcal
Brownie Pizza Recipe