Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Bacon Broccoli Salad is an easy recipe that's perfect for week nights and holiday dinners alike! Even better, this recipe is low carb and keto friendly. This broccoli salad is packed with flavor of bacon bits, sliced almonds, cheddar cheese, red onion, and an easy 3-ingredient dressing.
I had some leftover broccoli after making my Cheese and broccoli casserole. It's the end of summer and I'm still holding on to the last bit we have left! Fresh broccoli salad has always been one of my favorite summer recipes. However, I also love making it as a side dish during the holidays!
You can enjoy broccoli salad with bacon as a garnish or on its own. It is also great for shared meals as you can do it in advance. Just don't add the bacon until it's ready to serve to prevent the bacon from getting soggy.
Does broccoli need blanching for broccoli salad?
No, there is no need to blanch broccoli for this recipe. In fact, you should make sure to use crisp, fresh broccoli. The salad dressing will moisten the broccoli just a little while leaving it crispy. Think cabbage salad, just broccoli instead of cabbage!
How to make broccoli salad with bacon
For this low carb recipe you will need the following:
- Broccoli florets – This would equate to about 2 large crowns of broccoli.
- Crumbled bacon Be sure to fry the bacon first, of course. I have used pieces of bacon for this recipe in the past when I was short on time.
- Rolled almonds – They add an extra layer of flavor to this recipe and a nice crunch too. They're also super healthy and add a little extra protein!
- Grated cheddar – Because broccoli and cheese go together!
- Chopped red onion – Onion adds a nice flavor to this recipe, along with a nice vibrant color!
- Mayonnaise – This will be the basis for the salad dressing.
- Swerve Granulated Sweetener – The traditional broccoli salad uses sugar to add some sweetness to the salad dressing. I love using Swerve because it measures cup by cup like real sugar and doesn't sacrifice flavor.
- White vinegar – To give the dressing some flavor!
- Salt and pepper
To make the broccoli salad:
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Start by adding the broccoli, crumbled bacon, almonds, cheddar cheese, and red onion to a large mixing bowl.
Then, in a separate small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, swerve, and vinegar to make the salad dressing. Season with a little salt and pepper to taste.
Then, add the salad dressing to the broccoli mixture and stir until the salad is well coated.
Refrigerate for one hour before serving.
Performance: 8 servings
Preparation time:: 5 minutes
Time to cook: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
An easy broccoli salad with bacon and cheddar cheese. This recipe is perfect for family dinners and shared meals alike!
5 cups fresh broccoli florets (about 2 crowns)
1 cup bacon, cooked and minced
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1 cup cheddar cheese
1/4 cup chopped red onion
For the dressing
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup of sweetener
1 tablespoon of white vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
- Add broccoli, bacon, almonds, cheddar cheese, and onion to large mixing bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, mix mayonnaise, swerve, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Add mayonnaise salad dressing mixture to broccoli salad and stir to combine. Make sure the entire salad is evenly covered.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour and then serve.
You can add the bacon to the salad after it has been refrigerated to prevent the bacon from soaking.
Serving size: 1
Amount per proportion:
Calories: 415 Total Fat: 34 g Saturated Fat: 9 g Trans Fat: 0 g Unsaturated Fat: 24 g Cholesterol: 52 mg Sodium: 786 mg Carbs: 11 g Net Carbs: 6 g Fiber: 4 g Sugar: 3 g Protein: 17 g