This is the BEST recipe for homemade blueberry Muffins. Soft and airy muffins bursting with the flavors of fresh blueberries and lemon. The muffins are filled with a cinnamon butter crumbles and take the recipe to the next level.
Blueberry muffins recipe
These blueberry muffins are so soft, airy and cakey in texture. The fresh blueberries with lemon add so much flavor to the muffins. Then, topped with a cinnamon flour, are the ULTIMATE muffin recipe you can make from scratch.
|Sour cream is what gives buns their airiness and softness.|
How to Make Blueberry Muffins
If you've ever felt scared to make muffins, or if you've had bad experiences making muffins from scratch – this recipe will change all of that. It's so EASY to do and not much can go wrong!
- DRY INGREDIENTS– Combine flour, baking powder, baking powder and salt.
- VÅTINGREDIENTER– Whisk the eggs and sugar until fluffy. Add lemon juice, vanilla, sour cream, oil and at low speed, beat until combined.
- UNITE– Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix gently with a licking pot.
- blueberry– Mix the blueberries with 1 teaspoon flour. Add to the dough and mix gently.
- LINERS– Add muffinsforinger on the pan and divide the dough evenly, resulting in 12 muffins.
- crumble– Add all the ingredients to the crumb ring in a bowl. Mix with a fork until crumbly. Top the muffins dough with the crumb ring.
- BAKE– Bake the muffins until one is inserted in the middle. TIP: All ovens are different, not baking muffins. Start by checking for readiness approx. 17 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions and Tips for Blueberry Muffins
- How long do Blueberry Muffins last? These will be good for 1-2 days at room temperature.
- Can blueberry muffins be frozen? Yes, the muffins are frozen in a Ziploc bag for up to 3 months. Thaw muffins in the fridge overnight or on the counter. Heat in the microwave for 15 seconds to enjoy warm muffins.
- Can I use frozen blueberries? Yes, just stir them in frozen (otherwise they make the dough purple).
- Should I use linings? We highly recommend muffin liners (we used THESE). If you do not, the dough will stick to the pan, making the muffins difficult to remove.
|You can drizzle lemon glaze over buns for more flavor. We used THIS glaze.|
Oh, I can't wait for you to try these blueberry muffins. You will be pleasantly surprised at how quick they are to make, and even more surprised at how wonderful they taste.
try these other muffins:
Blueberry Muffins with Crumb Topping
This is the BEST recipe for homemade blueberry muffins with a crumble top. Soft and airy muffins bursting with the flavors of fresh blueberries and lemon. These buns from scratch are so easy and quick to make.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Servings: 12 muffins
- Preheat the oven to 400 ° F and place the muffin pan with liners.
- In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, baking powder and salt.
- Mix the sugar and eggs together until fluffy. Add lemon juice, vanilla, sour cream and oil, and whisk until combined.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and fold with a spatula until combined.
- Toss the blueberries with 1 teaspoon of flour in a bowl and add them to the muffin batter and mix until evaporated.
Distribute evenly evenly between the 12 muffin cups.
Combine flour, butter, cinnamon, brown sugar and sugar until a crumbly mixture is formed.
Add crumb topping on buns.
Bake muffins at 400 ° F for approx. 15-20 minutes, or until toothpicks come out and muffins are golden.
In the meantime, mix the cream cheese until smooth, add powdered sugar and lemon juice and toss to the cream.
- Remove baked muffins from the muffin pan and refrigerate on a refrigerator until completely cooled.
Sprinkle icing on top of the buns and serve.
Calories: 361kcal Carbohydrates: 46g Protein: 5gFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 5gColesterol: 61mgSodium: 138mg Potassium: 92mg Fiber: 1gSugar: 26gVitamin A: 309IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 38mgIron: 1g
(The nutritional information given is an estimate and will vary based on the preparation methods and brands of ingredients used.)