Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
We are sharing the last (at least for this year) 😉 of our Thanksgiving leftover recipes today, and I have to say I think we have saved one of the best for last. This blueberry grilled turkey pizza is fantastic!
Instead of tomato sauce, this pizza uses our smoked blueberry barbecue sauce as the base for all the delicious toppings, including cooked turkey, sliced red onion, grated Brussels sprouts, and grated cheese.
Our blueberry barbecue turkey pizza is tasty with a hint of bittersweet blueberry flavor. After eating a great and tasty Thanksgiving meal, this crispy pizza is a welcome break from all those heavier foods! But it's still a great way to use some of the leftover turkey and other vegetables in the fridge.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Note: the recipe can be divided in half. Additionally, dumplings can also be combined to make 2 to 3 pizzas larger.
- 4 7-ounce balls of pizza dough, check out our perfect pizza dough here, or shop in store (total 28 ounces)
- 1½ cups of cranberry BBQ sauce, see recipe here
- 1 pound leftover cooked turkey, white or dark, or both, cut into pieces
- 4 ounces thinly sliced red onion
- 6 large Brussels sprouts, shaved on a mandolin
- ¾ pound of strong white cheddar cheese, grated
- Corn flour to sprinkle on pizza peel
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees F and place rack on bottom of oven. Put a pizza stone on that shelf.
- Powder against the flour and bring the pizza dumplings to room temperature. Roll out the dough in 10-12 inch rounds.
- Mix ½ cup cranberry barbecue sauce with turkey meat and set aside.
- Pizza peel powder with cornmeal.
- Place a rolled dough on the pizza peel.
- Place a quarter of the remaining cranberry barbecue sauce (1/4 cup) over the pizza crust, spreading it half an inch from the edges.
- Place a quarter of a red onion over the sauce.
- Place a quarter of the shaved sprouts on the onion.
- Place a quarter of a turkey on the sprouts.
- Top with a quarter of the cheese.
- Slide the pizza onto the pizza stone and cook until the top is bubbly and the bottom is browned, about 6-7 minutes.
- Remove to a cutting board and cut to serve.
- Repeat for the remaining ingredients.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
You may also like:
Blueberry barbecue sauce
Cranberry Buffalo Wings
Party-style cranberry sauce
Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉 blueberry barbecue turkey pizza