Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Are you looking for something fun and interesting for your lunch box? Your next summer barbecue? Saturday night?
Look no further, friend! This BLT pasta salad is both delicious and easy: a classic sandwich turned into a creamy dish. BLT + Pasta Salad = Winner.
Instead of lettuce that I wouldn't put up with in a mayonnaise dressing, I substituted frozen peas. Easy peasy! Small peels are an excellent paste for kids, while half-grape tomatoes look pretty and add sweetness.
I made a very simple dressing with mayonnaise and red wine vinegar. Lastly, I added a little crumbled bacon due to its delicious salty taste. The bacon really ties the entire pasta salad together.
In addition to being a fun lunch option, this BLT pasta salad is a great side dish for backyard parties or barbecues. It's a little different than the usual macaroni salad you always see, but it still has a lot of familiar flavors. Did I mention there is bacon?
Inspired by the classic sandwich, this BLT pasta salad has just 6 ingredients, and they'll all shake your lunchbox! The perfect accompaniment for parties too! Cuisine: American Preparation time: 20 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes Total time: 40 minutes Servings: 8 servings Calories: 473 kcal
Follow us on PINTEREST!
- 1 pound mini shells or other small paste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1 cup frozen thawed peas
- 4 ounces fried bacon, drained and crumbled
- Bring 4 quarts of water and 1 tablespoon of salt to a boil. Add pasta and cook until tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the pasta with cold water until cool. Shake off any excess water.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and red wine vinegar. In a large bowl, mix together the pasta, tomatoes, peas, and bacon. Add mayonnaise dressing until well combined.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. TASTE to season. If you don't season enough, this dish can taste mild.
Calories :: 473kcal