Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
I love a hearty and colorful salad, like Chinese Chicken Salad, Green Bean Salad, and this totally delicious fresh salad with roasted beets.
In my opinion, beets are an underrated vegetable. They're inexpensive, available year-round, and loaded with nutrients. This beet salad combines this sweet, earthy vegetable with ripe avocado, crumbled feta cheese, and walnuts for a salad full of flavor and texture.
How is beet salad made?
This salad starts with roasted beets, which are cut into pieces and placed in a bowl along with lettuce, avocado, feta cheese, and walnuts. Sprinkle a homemade balsamic dressing over the salad, then mix everything together until the ingredients are well combined. Serve your salad immediately and enjoy!
How to Roast Beets
Roasting beets is surprisingly easy. Take your favorite variety of beets. You can use yellow or red beets, or both. Prepare the beets for the oven by cutting the beet leaves and cutting off the top of the beets. Then trim either end of the root. Wrap the beets in foil in groups of 2 or 3. Be sure to separate the red beets from the yellow beets. Place the beet paper packets on a tray to make them easier to put in and take out of the oven. Beets bake for 60 minutes at 400 degrees F. Beets are made when tender and well cooked. Remove the beets from the oven and let them cool. Use a paper towel to rub the beet peels, then you're ready to enjoy this delicious vegetable root.
Tips for beet salad
- Use multiple beet colors for a more elegant presentation.
- This tasty balsamic dressing can be made up to 3 days in advance. Just store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you're ready to use it.
- Cut a block of feta cheese for your salad. The blocks of feta cheese taste better than previously crumbled feta cheese.
- Make sure to choose a firm but ripe avocado so that the salad doesn't become mushy.
- This beet salad is best served right away, so make it and enjoy it right away.
Beetroot salad variations
This salad is delicious as is, but you can change the ingredients to offer other great flavors.
- Walnuts: Try almonds, walnuts, or pine nuts instead of walnuts.
- Lettuce: You can use kale or spinach instead of mixed vegetables.
- Cheese: Feel free to use goat cheese, blue cheese, or grated Parmesan cheese instead of feta cheese.
- Other flavors: You can add other ingredients to the salad, such as dried cranberries, thinly sliced red onion, roasted asparagus, or cherry tomatoes.
- Protein: Make this salad a meal by adding beans, grilled chicken, or shrimp on top.
Are beets healthy?
Beets are very healthy and contain potassium, manganese, and folic acid, as well as vitamins A, B6, C, and K. They are low in calories and are believed to be good for the heart and have anti-inflammatory properties. Beets are also rich in fiber, which can help with digestion. So go ahead and enjoy some beets!
Follow us on PINTEREST!
This beet salad is light and refreshing, but packed with tasty and filling ingredients. It's a great salad, or you can add a little protein and eat it for lunch or dinner.
More excellent salad recipes
- Caprese salad
- Arugula salad with white beans
- BLT pasta salad
- Mexican Corn Salad
- Spinach and strawberry salad
This beet salad is filled with red and yellow beets, avocado, feta cheese, and walnuts, all mixed with vegetables in a homemade balsamic dressing. An easy and beautiful salad that is perfect for the winter and fall months.
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cook time: 1 hour Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Servings: 6 Calories: 320kcal
For the salad
- 6 cups mixed spring vegetables
- 1 1/2 pound red, yellow, or a combination of both, look for small to medium beets
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
For the dressing
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rub the beets and trim the ends of the stem and root.
- Place 2-3 beets of the same color on a large sheet of aluminum foil. Wrap the beets tightly in aluminum foil. Repeat with the remaining beets. Be sure to separate the red beets from the yellow beets.
- Place the foil-wrapped beets in a skillet. Bake for 1 hour or until the beets are tender.
- Unwrap the beets and let cool for 10-15 minutes. Use a paper towel to gently rub the husks of the beets.
- Cut the beets into 1-inch pieces. Chill the beets completely.
- Place mixed greens, beets, avocado, feta cheese, and walnuts in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix the dressing ingredients together until smooth.
- Drizzle the dressing over the beet mixture, stirring gently to coat. Serve immediately.
Calories :: 320kcal | Carbohydrates: 20 g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 252mg | Potassium: 582mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 139 IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 92mg | Iron: 2mg
Avocado With SaladFetaCheeseBeets