Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
- 1 kg of minced meat
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 400 g canned chopped peeled tomato
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 150 g sliced mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 3 cups of water
- 2 1/2 cups raw penne
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 1 optional minced garlic clove
Brown the minced meat, onion and garlic in a little oil.
Add tomato paste and stir.
Add the remaining ingredients and stir well.
Cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until the penne pasta is cooked.
Serve with Parmesan cheese.
Keep checking the pan to make sure the mixture doesn't dry out and add a little more water if necessary.
Use cans of peeled, chopped tomatoes and dried oregano or basil leaves.