East banana sponge cake It is so fluffy that it will leave us impressed by its texture, its flavor and its easy elaboration. It will be the undoing of children and, of course, of adults, so that in just a few minutes not a piece will be left. In addition, we have used healthier ingredients to achieve a healthier, raw and truly delicious dessert.
We have opted to make the banana sponge cake in a blender, however, you can prepare the dough with electric or manual rods if you prefer. The important thing is to take into account all our recommendations to ensure that it is at its perfect point. Follow the step by step that we share in RecetasGratis and discover the easy and inexpensive banana sponge cake recipe.
8 diners 45m Dessert Low difficulty Additional features: Cheap cost, Baked recipes Ingredients:
- 2 eggs
- 150 grams of whole or common flour
- 2 bananas
- 1 glass of brown sugar
- 1 sachet of chemical baking yeast (16 g)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup sunflower oil
- 1 cup of grated coconut (100 grams)
- 1 cup of pure chocolate
- 1 tablespoon stevia or granulated sugar (optional)
Steps to follow to make this recipe: 1
Beat the eggs with the sugar in the blender or with electric rods for approximately 1 minute to make them more spongy.
Trick: You can substitute brown sugar for white sugar if you prefer.
Peel and chop the bananas. Add the fruit, salt and oil and continue beating to integrate it with the eggs and sugar. To make this banana cake you can use green or ripe bananas, depending on whether you want the result to be more or less sweet.
Add the sifted flour with the yeast and beat for 5 more minutes. If necessary, mix with a spatula, sometimes the blender has difficulty moving the dough well. Apart, chop the chocolate.
Trick: If you use whole wheat flour, you don't need to sieve it before.
Place the banana sponge cake dough in a mold previously greased with butter or oil. Unify the surface with the help of the spatula.
Pre-heat the oven at 180 ºC. Meanwhile, place the pieces of chocolate so that they melt during cooking. This ingredient is optional, but we must say that it provides an extra flavor to the sponge cake.
Bake the homemade banana cake placing the mold at half height, with heat above and below and for 30 minutes.
Trick: After time, insert a toothpick in the center, if it comes out clean, the cake will already be made; if not, leave it 10 more minutes watching that it does not burn.
Wait for it to cool down a bit to remove it from the mold. You can sprinkle a little icing sugar on the banana sponge cake at the time of serving it. This is a delicious sweet and perfect for breakfast, snack or tea time.
If you liked the recipe of Banana sponge cake, we suggest you enter our category of Sponge Cake Recipes.
How to make banana cake – Tips
This is an easy, quick and inexpensive banana cake, however, to keep it fluffy and juicy it is important to keep in mind the following recommendations:
- Introduce air into the dough It is the most important thing to get a fluffy banana cake. Therefore, you must beat the eggs until they foam. The blender or the electric rods are utensils that greatly facilitate this task.
- Sift the flour It is another of the most effective tricks to aerate the dough and prevent the sponge cake from being lumpy. Now, if you opt for wholemeal flour you should know that it is not sieved, it is moved with a fork or a manual rod to aerate it.
- Lightly mash the bananas it is essential to prevent the dough from becoming too dense. If you puree them completely, you run the risk of getting a sponge cake that doesn't go up enough because of the weight of the puree. On the other hand, if the crushes are less integrated better with the dough.
- Preheat the oven Allow the cake to cook evenly. If you do not do this step and introduce the dough when the oven is not yet heated, it will most likely rise on one side and the shape is not homogeneous. Likewise, it is possible that the cake remains raw inside.
See the following article with all our recommendations to get the banana sponge cake up properly: "How to make a sponge cake."