Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
These Balsamic Honey Glaze Crock Pot Chicken Drumsticks are sweet and gooey with just the right amount of flavor and spice! A melt in the mouth, a tender and overturned meal that the whole family will love!
I'm going to break the slow cooker for these easy Crock Pot chicken drumsticks, and let's be honest – no one is mad about that.
They are so juicy and tender, and topped with the tastiest sweet and gooey sauce.
We're no stranger to the amazing honey balsamic combo here: This honey-cooked pork and slow balsamic is our all-time favorite, and this honey balsamic instant beef stew recipe tastes amazing (just like her sister is honey balsamic slow cooker stew.)
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Just a little balsamic vinegar adds a fun touch of tart and tart flavor that balances out everything else we have here.
The sauce is perfect over rice, but these slow cooker chicken thighs are just as good alone with a salad and steamed vegetables.
And for those of you who are running out the door, to work, dropping off or picking up children, or on the way to extra-curricular activities, meetings, or the gym, these are junk food, meaning you don't than worrying about cutting, shredding or browning.
Who has time for that anyway?
How to Cook Crock Pot Chicken Thighs:
- Throw your chicken drumsticks in the slow cooker.
- Mix your sauce
- Pour your sauce over your chicken
- Turn it on
- Go to work, to the soccer game or to a dance party, because your dinner is basically cooking by yourself.
What Kind of Chicken Thighs Are Best in the Slow Cooker?
You can cook any kind of chicken drumsticks in the crock pot, and we have our favorite for our own reasons.
Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
These are our favorite chicken drumsticks, simply because they are so easy to cook and eat.
They stay moist and juicy (more so than chicken breasts), and yet we're not trying to eat around the skin and bones, something we didn't enjoy anyway.
Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
You can absolutely also use boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
Bone-in meat generally takes longer to cook, so I'd add an hour to the cook times below and check its internal temperature with a meat thermometer (safe consumption is 165 degrees F).
With bone, skin on chicken thighs
Since we are not browning or roasting chicken thighs before or after slow cooking, I would not recommend leaving the skin on unless you enjoy the soggy chicken skin.
If you cook the chicken thighs with the skin on but then remove it to eat, you won't get as much sauce that sneaks into the meat as it is cooked and it won't be as tasty.
Can I use chicken breasts in this recipe?
You can absolutely use skinless, boneless chicken breasts instead of thighs, and you probably don't need to change the cook time.
Be sure to check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer before serving – 165 degrees F is what you're looking for!
What to serve with these chicken legs with a pot of balsamic and honey:
We love rice or noodle dishes, but if you want to do your best, here are some more ideas:
- Garlic Herb Instant Potatoes
- Mashed Potatoes with Cream Cheese Recipe
- Homemade cabbage salad recipe
More crockpot chicken recipes you'll love:
- Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Chicken (Crockpot)
- Crockpot Chicken and Noodles Recipe
- Chicken breast over low heat
- Crockpot Chicken Shredded (Slow Cooker)
Honey Balsamic Crockpot Chicken Thighs
These Balsamic Honey Glaze Crock Pot Chicken Drumsticks are sweet and gooey with just the right amount of flavor and spice! A melt in the mouth, a tender and overturned meal that the whole family will love! Course Main Dish American Cuisine Keyword crockpot chicken drumsticks, slow cooker chicken drumsticks Prep time 5 minutes Cook time 4 hours Total time 4 hours 5 minutes Servings 4 servings Calories 405kcal
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup liquid honey
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of water
- Place the chicken thighs in a 2.5-4 quart electric pot.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the tomato sauce, chicken stock, balsamic vinegar, honey, brown sugar, garlic, salt, and pepper. Pour over the chicken into the slow cooker.
- Put the lid on and simmer for 4 hours or over high heat for 2 hours.
- Whisk the cornstarch and water. Gradually stir in the sauce until the sauce reaches the desired thickness.
- Serve over rice or as desired.
* This recipe makes a lot of sauce to serve over the rice, so if you want to serve more people, you can easily add 2-6 more boneless chicken thighs and not change the sauce recipe. If not all the sauce is used to serve, this will reduce the caloric information.
Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉 BalsamicCrockHoneyThighsChickenPot