Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper
- 1 zucchini cut in half cut into slices
- 1 1/2 cups of arborio rice
- 2 1/4 cups Massel * Reduced salt chicken broth
- 410 g canned tomatoes with basil and garlic
- 80 g canned corn kernels
- 425 g canned tuna in drained olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely grated Parmesan
* Massel is recommended by the best recipes in Australia
Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan forced).
Heat oil in large ovenproof dish over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and zucchini, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion is softened.
Add rice. Cook, stirring for 1 minute.
Add the broth, tomato, and corn and bring to a boil.
Cover and transfer to oven, bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking, or until liquid has absorbed.
Remove from the oven and add the tuna. Stir gently to combine, then sprinkle with parsley and serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
Sometimes I add a small red chili for an extra kick.
Vegetables can be substituted for taste.