Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
When time is short, the last thing you want to do is spend hours in the kitchen cooking dinner. I'm right? When life gets very busy, I like to have meals that I can prepare ahead of time and put them in the oven just before dinner. As tempting as it is to get to the drive-thru, it gets expensive and home-cooked meals taste better IMO (and are better for you!) Also, with the arrival of the holidays, fast food is almost a necessity . This is also great for the company because it is easy to duplicate (and will feed a lot of people). I only use my broiler pan when I fold this. For easy, hassle-free cleaning, use throw-away aluminum pans.
If you want to cook this ahead of time, follow all the steps to put it in the pan. Cover and refrigerate (or freeze). Allow the frozen saucepan to thaw in the refrigerator before cooking. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. When you're ready to eat, just bake according to the recipe instructions! Easy peasy!
Sometimes, I also like to add sautéed mushrooms, onions, and green pepper, just for the added nutrition of vegetables and color. If you prefer a spicier pasta, feel free to add more sauce. I used half the rigatoni noodles and half the mezzi rigatoni noodles (shorter rigatoni noodles), but use whatever you have on hand or whatever your family prefers.
We enjoyed this meal with a salad and crispy French bread.
Baked pasta with meat
When time is short, the last thing you want to do is spend hours in the kitchen cooking dinner. I'm right? When life gets very busy, I like to have meals that I can prepare ahead of time and put them in the oven just before dinner.
- 1 pound (16 ounces) pasta noodles
- 3 / 4-1 lb Italian Sausage, Wrapped
- 3-5 oz. pepperoni slices, quartered
- 1 jar (24-32 oz.) Spaghetti sauce, or more to taste
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Mozzarella cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 375 ° F. Spray 9 × 13-in. bake with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the pasta and drain. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook and crumble the Italian sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drain and return to the pan. Add the spaghetti sauce and pepperoni slices. When the pasta is cooked and drained, add it to the pan with the spaghetti sauce. Mix well. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Top the mixture with mozzarella cheese. Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until plate is heated through and cheese is melted.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
|Amount per proportion||As served|
|Calories 798kcal Calories from fat 392|
|% Daily value|
|Total fat 44g||68%|
|Saturated fat 17g||85%|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 5g||twenty%|
Daily value percentages are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
All images and texts © Jamie Sherman for © Love Bakes Good Cakes. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own words or link to this post to see the recipe.
Hope you enjoy!
Shared at these fun parties!
Don't forget to like, share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012 All rights reserved
meat with baked pasta