Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sergeant®. The opinions and the text are all mine.
This six-cheese chicken pasta bake is easy and cheesy! #ChoppedAtHome #contest #RealCheesePeople #ad
I don't watch much television, but one show I love is Chopped! You've seen? I love watching cooks get identical baskets and turn them into completely different recipes! When I found out about this Chopped at home Sergeant contest is host, my first thought was, "Good, I want to do it!" My second thought was: "I hope I don't have to use squid ink, chocolate bars, habanero pepper, and turkey on the same plate." Oh! Seriously … have you seen some of the baskets that these people receive? You would probably have a breakdown trying to figure out how to use some of those ingredients!
Fortunately, following the Picado model, homemade dishes should include the following ingredients (may include other ingredients, but these should be the focus):
- – Sargento® Chef Blends ™ Grated 6 Italian Cheeses
- – Chicken breast, skinless and boneless
- – Red pepper
- – Greek yogurt
Pretty easy, right? Put your apron on … because YOU can enter the Chopped at Home contest where they could win $ 10,000! Get creative and create your best inspirational mince dish with grated Sargento® cheese!
Sargento® Chef Blends ™ Shredded 6 Cheese Italian is always cut from 100% real natural cheese blocks and captures the authentic flavor of Italy with its amazing blend of flavors. It features Mozzarella, Provolone, Parmesan and Fontina, in addition to Romano and aged Asiago. Use it in all your traditional Italian recipes.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Just for fun, here are some facts about Sergeant …
- Since 1953, Sergeant has been a company dedicated to innovation.
- Sergeant became the first company to market grated cheese … they have been doing so since 1958!
- In 1968, Sergeant was the first in the industry to use airtight containers.
Baked chicken pasta with six cheeses
This six-cheese chicken pasta bake is easy and cheesy!
- 1 box (16 oz.) Pasta: I used Mezzi Rigatoni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and minced
- 4-6 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup canned spinach, with no hard stems and chopped leaves
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) Diced small tomatoes
- 1 can (8 oz.) Tomato sauce
- 1 container (5.3 oz.) Of plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Chef Blends ™ grated 6 Italian cheeses, divided
- 1 cup reserved pasta water (get this after boiling the noodles, but before draining the pasta)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 ° F. Grease 9 × 13-inch saucepan and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, reserving a cup of water. Drain the pasta and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink. Add onion, red pepper, garlic, and spinach. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion, bell pepper are soft, and the spinach begins to wilt, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from the fire.
- To the chicken and vegetable mix, add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, Greek yogurt, 1 cup cheese, reserved cooking water, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, and sugar. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine. Add cooked pasta and stir to combine.
- Transfer the pasta mixture to the prepared saucepan. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake covered in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Uncover the dish and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned and melted.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving, if desired.
|Amount per proportion||As served|
|Calories 474kcal Calories from fat 150|
|% Daily value|
|Total fat 17g||26%|
|Saturated fat 7g||35%|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 4g||sixteen%|
Daily value percentages are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
All images and texts © Jamie Sherman for © Love Bakes Good Cakes. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own words or link to this post to see the recipe.
If you need some inspiration to get started in the Chopped at Home contest, be sure to visit the Sergeant Twitter page or visit Sargento.com for more information. For more cheesy goodness, you can also find Sergeant on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!
Other publications you can enjoy:
Baked Bruschetta Chicken
Quinoa casserole and black bean and corn enchilada
With Baked Pasta Pastry Six