Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
- 4 tablespoons of oil
- 8 (fillets) chicken thighs
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 800 g canned diced tomato
- 1/2 cup Massel * Liquid chicken-style broth
- 1 teaspoon of chopped chili
- 400 g canned chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 90g fetta crumbled
* Massel is recommended by the best recipes in Australia
Preheat the oven to 180C.
Lightly brown the chicken in 2 tablespoons of oil. Set aside.
Heat the remaining oil and add the onion and garlic. Fry for 5 minutes.
Add tomatoes, broth, chili, salt, and pepper and heat.
Add chicken and chickpeas to the tomato mixture, combining well. Transfer to a baking sheet, cover and bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
Remove the lid and sprinkle with fetta cheese. Return to the oven until the cheese begins to melt.
Add fresh parsley to serve.
This is quite versatile and can be served with rice, mashed potatoes, and fresh beans or couscous.