Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
When looking for a way to perk up plain old chicken breasts, I turn to Florentine chicken, cornflake chicken, or this tasty Cajun-style chicken. It only takes 5 minutes of prep time for a fabulous dinner!
You can never go wrong with baked chicken because it requires minimal work and can be infused with so many different flavors. This Cajun Chicken Recipe is full of bold flavors and is perfect for the whole family!
How is Cajun chicken made?
This recipe begins with a spice mix consisting of Cajun seasonings, brown sugar, and salt. Brush the chicken breasts with melted butter, then sprinkle the spice mixture on both sides of the chicken. Put the chicken in a pan, then bake until the chicken is golden and well cooked. Add a pinch of fresh parsley, then serve and enjoy.
Tips for the Perfect Cajun Chicken
- Choose chicken breasts that are approximately the same size so they cook at the same rate.
- Avoid using chicken breasts that are too thick, as they will take much longer to cook and will be more likely to dry out.
- Olive oil can be substituted for butter.
- This baking technique also works well with boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- You can add some vegetables to the pan to cook along with the chicken. Some of our favorites include carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and zucchini.
How to make a Cajun seasoning
I like to use my own homemade Cajun seasoning for this recipe, which is a mixture of paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, thyme, and oregano. You can find my Cajun spice recipe here. You can also use store-bought condiments if you're short on time and have great results. My homemade seasoning contains salt, so you don't need to add a lot of salt to the chicken before cooking. Some store-bought condiments are salt-free, so just be sure to check the label to get an idea of how much salt to add to your chicken before baking.
How long does it take to bake chicken breasts?
This recipe uses a high temperature cooking method. Cooking chicken at a higher temperature means it will cook faster and be less likely to dry out. A standard boneless chicken breast about 4 ounces in size will bake for 18-20 minutes at 425 degrees F.
HOW DO YOU KEEP YOUR CHICKEN BREAST JUICY?
The best way to keep the chicken from drying is to add a little fat (melted butter in this case) and cook over high heat. It is also important not to overcook the chicken. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before cutting it, this will allow the juices to redistribute into the meat.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN THE CAJUN CHICKEN IS MADE?
You can tell when your chicken ends by cutting it or using a meat thermometer. If you cut into the thickest part of the chicken breast, it should not be pink and the juices should be clear. The most accurate way to know if your chicken is ready is to use a thermometer. Insert a probe thermometer into the thickest part of the breast. The temperature must be at least 165 degrees F to be considered safe to eat.
This Cajun Chicken is a great way to spice up your dinner! Add some mashed potatoes and a green vegetable, then watch the rave reviews.
More chicken recipes you will like
- Greek chicken and potatoes
- Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
- Baked Chicken Wings
- Grilled chicken drumsticks
- Chicken breast over low heat
Cajun Chicken Video
This Cajun chicken has boneless chicken breasts topped with a mixture of homemade spices, then baked to tender, juicy perfection. A super easy dinner option that can be paired with a variety of side dishes for a complete meal.
Preparation time: 5 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes Total time: 25 minutes
Servings: 4 Calories: 184kcal
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts 4-5 ounces each
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons homemade or store-bought Cajun seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- kosher salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Brush the butter on both sides of the chicken.
- Place the Cajun seasoning, brown sugar, and salt in a small bowl, and stir to combine. Check if your Cajun spice contains salt. If your seasoning does not contain salt, use 1 teaspoon of salt. If your seasoning contains salt, simply add 1/4 more teaspoon of salt.
- Rub the spice mixture on both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Bake the chicken for 18-20 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a chicken breast registers at least 165 degrees F.
- Sprinkle with parsley. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes, then cut and serve.
Calories :: 184kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 714mg | Potassium: 430mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 280 IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1 mg