The easiest recipe for Baked BBQ chicken wings. Seasoned chicken wings baked in the oven until crisp and tender, then choked in a light honey grill sauce.
Baked bbq wings
When you think of starters, especially for game days or parties – WINGS is one of the first things that comes to mind, always a party favorite. Although we love Mild wings, this barbecue option is a favorite, the sweet and tangy sauce gives the wings so much flavor. Barbecue sauce in which the wings are smothered uses only two ingredients to make this recipe – SO EASY!
How to make BBQ chicken wings-
We used ours Classic baked wings recipe for the wings. For a detailed tutorial and tips on how to make wings, read THIS post.
BACK CHICKEN FINGERS
- Fold the chicken wings dry using a kitchen towel or paper towel.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the spice.
- Add the chicken wings to a bowl and layer with the spice and baking powder.
- Place the wings on a baking tray over a folded baking sheet. TIP: Keep the wings apart for even cooking so that all sides are crisp.
tire wings in sauce
- In a bowl, combine the ingredients for the barbecue sauce.
- When the wings are baked. Cover the wings completely in the grill sauce completely.
- Put the wings back in the oven for another 5 minutes of cooking, allowing the sauce to penetrate and stick to the wings.
We used Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue sauce in this recipe, you can use your favorite barbecue sauce if you prefer. Remember, all sauces are different and the amount of honey needed may need to be adjusted depending on the bbq sauce you are using.
NOTE: You can skip the honey into the sauce and just add the barbecue sauce to the wings with good results if you don't like the honey grill.
OTHER POPULAR PARTY APPETIZERS
What to enjoy BBQ wings with:
When we serve the wings for a party, we enjoy serving them charcuterie board-style on a large, sliced baking sheet. Just arrange all sides and add the chicken when baked. Here are some good side options for wings:
If you love wings but have been looking for a healthier option without losing taste or crispness, you have found the recipe.
I hope these wings become a favorite not only as a feast or appetizer, but also dinner.
Try these other appetizer recipes:
Baked chicken BBQ wings
A LIGHT recipe for baked chicken BBQ wings. Spicy wings are baked until crispy and crunchy then tossed in a sweet barcake sauce. Without roasting, these wings are so much healthier.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
Servings: 6 servings
- 1½ cup barbecue sauce, sweet
- 1/3 cup honey
You can add the wings back into the oven once coated in the sauce for 5 minutes so it will allow the sauce to penetrate the wings. Skip the honey if you don't like honey grill.
Calories: 141kcal Carbohydrates: 29g Protein: 2gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gColesterol: 6mgSodium: 740mgPotassium: 178mgFiber: 1gSugar: 24gVitamin A: 172IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 24mgIron:
(The nutritional information given is an estimate and will vary based on the preparation methods and brands of ingredients used.)