Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Bacon love? I also. I often make bacon-wrapped asparagus, bacon-stuffed eggs, and this amazing stuffed chicken dish.
As you already know, I'm a huge fan of a pot and a frying pan. While those types of meals are amazing in almost every way, it can sometimes be difficult to create meals in a pot with boneless chicken breasts because the meat can dry out while you wait for the other components of the meal to cook. This bacon-wrapped stuffed chicken breast is the solution to the problem of dried meat. The creamy three-cheese filling provides plenty of flavor and moisture on the inside of the chicken, and the bacon on the outside keeps the chicken from drying out. Everyone in my family cleaned their dishes when I served this meal!
How is bacon-wrapped stuffed chicken breast made?
Have you ever stuffed a chicken breast? It is actually quite easy. The first step is to cut a cut along the side of the chicken breast with a small, sharp knife to create a pocket to hold the filling. You can use a spoon to fill the chicken, or put the filling into a large plastic bag and cut off the tip to create a makeshift pastry bag to squeeze the filling into the chicken. After your chicken is stuffed, wrap it well in bacon so that a minimal filling leaks out during the baking process. Place the chicken breasts in a pan along with some potatoes, then bake until the chicken is well cooked, the bacon is crisp and the potatoes are tender. Add a pinch of parsley, then serve and enjoy.
Tips for stuffed chicken breast
- A little of the filling may leak during the cooking process, that's normal and will only add more flavor to the potatoes that are already roasting in the bacon juice!
- The filling for the chicken can be done up to 3 days in advance. You can also stuff the chicken and wrap it in bacon, then put it in a covered container for up to 8 hours before you plan to cook it.
- Don't use thick cut bacon for this recipe, as it will take longer crispier in the oven.
Variations of stuffed chicken breast
There are many different ways to customize this recipe based on your personal taste!
- Stuffing: Try adding other flavors to the filling, such as chopped spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, or chopped artichokes.
- Vegetables: In addition to potatoes, add other vegetables such as carrots, broccoli, or cauliflower.
- Potatoes: Swap red potatoes for sweet potatoes or even diced squash.
My picky eaters keep asking for this bacon-wrapped stuffed chicken breast, that's how you know it's good! I love that everything is cooked in a frying pan for less dishes, and who could say no to all that bacon and cheese?
More great chicken recipes
- Chicken stew with carrots and potatoes
- Hawaiian chicken
- Chicken casserole
- The best chicken marinade
- Creamy chicken with garlic
Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breast Video
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breast (One Pan Meal)
This bacon-wrapped stuffed chicken breast recipe with roasted potatoes is a quick and easy meal that is sure to please any crowd! The chicken is stuffed with an amazing combination of three cheeses, garlic, and herbs.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Preparation time: 20 minutes Cook time: 40 minutes Total time: 1 hour
Servings: 4 servings Calories: 515kcal
- Cooking spray
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 slices of bacon
- 1 pound small new potatoes in half (you can also use full-size potatoes cut into 1-inch pieces)
- Optional garnish: chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a skillet with aluminum foil and top with cooking spray.
- Using a small knife, cut a slit lengthwise along each chicken breast to create a deep pocket.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, cheddar cheese, mozzarella, parsley, and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the cheese mixture evenly in the pocket of each chicken breast. Alternatively, you can put the filling in a plastic bag and cut off the tip to create a makeshift pastry bag to squeeze the filling into the chicken.
- Season the top of each chicken breast with salt and pepper, then wrap 2 slices of bacon around each chicken breast.
- Place the chicken breasts in the pan; spread the potatoes around the chicken. Coat the potatoes with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes. Grill for an additional 3-5 minutes or until bacon is golden and crisp.
- Serve immediately, with chopped parsley as a garnish if desired.
Calories :: 515kcal | Carbohydrates: 24 g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 129mg | Sodium: 571mg | Potassium: 1269mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 725 IU | Vitamin C: 43.9 mg | Calcium: 138mg | Iron: 2.1mg
This post originally came out on March 6, 2016 and was updated on December 25, 2019 with new content.