Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
This post includes service tips and more detailed advice on how to make the best avocado spread.
It is also naturally gluten free and vegan.
How to make avocado spread from scratch
Get a bowl big enough to hold the avocado pulp. I used a bowl of soup, but it was quite full, so next time I'd like something bigger. It does make mixing easier.
To the meat, add salt, pepper, olive oil, chia seeds, and lemon juice. Give everything a good mix and flavor Top with (or add) the finely chopped chilies and serve!
Follow us on PINTEREST!
- In a toast or Rice cakes, crackers or freshly baked sourdough bread
- You can turn it into an avocado sauce and enjoy it with tortillas or Cookies.
- Add hard-boiled, poached, or sunny-sided eggs, roasted tomatoes, fresh radishes, cucumbers, arugula, and make open avocado sandwiches.
- Throw it into a food processor and make it into healthy avocado butter or use it in smoked salmon bagels (instead of Philadelphia cheese).
Tips for making the best avocado paste
- Use ripe avocados You will see how easy they are to puree. If you can flatten the meat with little effort, they are perfect!
- Feel free to use less / more Seasoning, If you prefer. Everyone's taste is different, so be sure to try it first, and then add a little salt, pepper, or lemon juice if you think it's necessary.
- I'm using soft chilliesBut you can use any chili that is available at your local store, preferably ones that you have used before, so you know how much to use. You can skip them if you're not a fan of spicy foods, but they give this easy avocado spread a good kick, so I'd highly recommend giving it a try. At first, start by using a small piece and see if you like it.
- chia seeds they are completely optional and can be substituted with flax seeds or other seeds, if desired. You can also just sprinkle them on the extension.
- Be sure to use a good quality olive oil. I always use extra virgin oil because it is cold pressed and has most of the health benefits.
How to store the avocado spread?
This quick breakfast is best enjoyed right away, but can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 2 days, if stored properly. I suggest storing leftovers in a jar, airtight container, or a container covered with plastic wrap.
Why did my avocado turn brown?
Darkening is caused by oxidation and is a normal process that occurs in many fruits when they are opened and exposed to oxygen.
Lemon juice helps keep fruit (or this paste made with avocado) slows down the browning process, but it may not stop it completely. So please don't panic if you find your avocado a little discolored. Give it a good mix before you spread it on your toast and enjoy!
More healthy avocado recipes for you to try:
- avocado hummus
- Papaya smoothie with avocado
- Salty breakfast bowl
Tasty avocado spread recipe with a twist. This healthy spread does not contain garlic or onion. It's packed with healthy fats and nutrients, and you can enjoy it the way you want. Preparation time: 5 minutes Total time: 5 minutes Servings: 1 cup Calories: 60
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- Black pepper, a generous pinch
- ½ Lemon, juice only, see note 1
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, see note 2
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds, see note 3
- Chiles, to taste, see note 4
- Half of the avocados and remove the holes. Take out the meat and transfer it to a bowl. Crush until smooth (or to your liking). Add salt, pepper, lemon juice, olive oil, chia seeds and stir well.
- Try it out and season, if necessary. Finely chop the chili and stir it in the sauce or just sprinkle a little.
- I used ½ of a small lemon, which was about 1.5–2 tablespoons of juice. You may need more / less depending on your taste.
- Use extra virgin olive oil or classic olive oil. I do not recommend replacing it with vegetable or sunflower oil.
- Chia seeds can be substituted with flax seeds or can be omitted if desired.
- Fresh chili is optional, but I recommend using it. Give this avocado sauce a good spicy kick!
- Store in the refrigerator in a plastic-covered container or in an airtight container for up to 2 days.