Auyama is a food with a high nutritional value, since it has significant amounts of vitamins, minerals and fiber. Prepare a delicious and fluffy auyuma cake with oil It won't take us long. And if we have previously cooked the auyuma, the recipe will be even faster. For this, it is preferable, whenever we are going to prepare pumpkin puree for pastries, make more quantity and freeze it in portions, so we already have our auyuma puree ready for any preparation. On this occasion, we have cooked the pumpkin on the fire, but we can also use roasted pumpkin (it will give it a special flavor), steamed or microwaved.
The auyuma, squash or pumpkin, names with which this vegetable is known, when incorporated into cakes, gives it juiciness and fluffiness, although it does not give it flavor, but the result is always delicious. In RecipesFree, we tell you how to make an auyuma cake with oil easy, fluffy, rich and natural.
6 diners 1h 30m Snack Low difficulty Additional features: Cheap cost, Lactose-free recipe, Baked recipes Ingredients:
- 200 grams of peeled auyama
- 3 eggs
- 100 milliliters of mild oil
- 225 grams of sugar
- 250 grams of flour
- 2 tablespoons of baking soda
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon dessert
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
Steps to follow to make this recipe: 1
To make the auyuma cake with oil, first of all we are going to chop the pumpkin. Then we put the pieces in a saucepan with water and we cook for 30 minutes, or until the auyama is quite tender. The best thing is to leave it several hours in a drainer so that it releases all the water, this way we will be left with a spongy and not caked cake.
Trick: Take the opportunity to cook more auyuma, freeze in portions and have it ready for future preparations.
We preheat the oven to 180 ºC. With a fork, squash the pumpkin until pureed, add the eggs, oil and sugar and beat well with some rods. As you have seen, this is a recipe for auyama cake with oil and without milk, so that lactose intolerant people can also eat it.
Mix the flour with the baking soda, cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg and we sift on top of the mixture of mashed auyuma and eggs. While sifting, we are mixing to continue preparing the pumpkin cake dough.
We grease a round mold well and pour the auyama cake preparation with oil. Bake at 180 ºC with heat below for 25 minutesThen we put the heat up and down and continue to bake 15 more minutes, or until when you prick the dough with a toothpick it comes out clean, that is, without dough remains.
Let it rest in the mold for 10 minutes and carefully remove from the mold so that it finishes cooling on a rack. Sprinkle icing sugar to decorate and serve. This is one simple and fluffy auyama cake recipe, a delight that will allow us to enjoy an exquisite cake.
I hope you liked this recipe and I invite you to know my Cakes blog for you.
If you liked the recipe of Auyama cake with oil, we suggest you enter our category of Sponge Cake Recipes.
How to make a fluffy auyama cake with oil
The pumpkin sponge cake that we have already shared has a fluffy, smooth and juicy texture. However, it is true that there are some tricks to make a cake more fluffy. Take note!
- Whether separate the whites from the yolks and the whites are beaten to the point of snow, it is possible to introduce more air into the dough and, therefore, provide more spongy to the cake. Of course, it is necessary to reserve the whites to add them at the end, making smooth enveloping movements.
- When mixing the yolks with the pumpkin puree and sugar, it is also necessary beat with energy to add as much air as possible.
- Sift the flour It is a step that is not recommended to jump, since this makes it aerate and, again, the dough sponges better in the oven.
- It's fundamental do not open the oven before the first 30 minutes of cooking, since the sudden change in temperature will make the auyama cake lower and lose volume.
If you want to discover more tips and tricks, don't miss the following article: "How to make a sponge cake".
On the other hand, if you want to prepare another version of this pumpkin cake, check out this other Venezuelan auyama cake recipe and go ahead and cook it.