Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
With our homemade Asian barbecue sauce recipe, you'll never have to buy the canned version from the supermarket again!
Seriously, once you've tasted this delicious sauce and realize how easy it is to make, you'll be making Asian-inspired chicken wings and pork ribs at home that rival some of the best Chinese restaurants.
This Asian barbecue sauce is made with ingredients commonly found in most supermarkets, so there is no need to go to a specialty market. The sauce has the same rich, sweet, and spicy flavor, and the same sticky consistency, that makes the barbecued chicken wings and ribs at your favorite Chinese restaurant so delicious.
Be sure to come back tomorrow: we'll share our recipe for Asian Roasted Chicken Wings made with this delicious sauce.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon of dark soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Hoisin sauce in a jar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced candied ginger
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- ½ teaspoon of 5 spice powder
- 1 whole star anise
- 1 teaspoonful of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons liquid red food coloring
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of water
- Place all ingredients except cornstarch and water in medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cornstarch and water to form a suspension and slowly add to the hot liquid while whisking.
- Reduce heat to low. Cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Chill and refrigerate until needed for ribs, chicken, or any other meat.
You may also like:
Asian Chicken Noodle Salad
Asian salad with delicate roasted pumpkin
Easy asian salad
Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉 Asian BBQ sauce