Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
The arugula and strawberry salad adds a nice touch to strawberries by combining vegetables and a perfect vinaigrette dressing that is sure to be a hit this summer. Watch the recipe video tutorial below and see how festive this dish is!
Along with this salad, indulge in raspberry angel food cake, Kalua instant pork, and asparagus casserole for your next summer picnics with the family.
Strawberry Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
The arugula and strawberry salad is a simple salad but it has an improved flavor due to the balsamic vinaigrette. The dressing is a complement to the strawberry and the nuts give a good crunch to everything.
The other fruits and vegetables included in this easy recipe also add flavor and color. Strawberries are perfectly eaten as is, but when made into a salad, they are even more delicious!
With summer just around the corner, this is the perfect dish to enjoy. It can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner. No matter how you like your strawberries, this dish is the perfect alternative to use them. Plus, it's quite healthy and the perfect dish to take on a picnic or a shared meal.
Are strawberries healthy?
Yes! You can eat these candies without feeling guilty, as they only contain approximately 33 calories from a 100-gram serving.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Strawberries have high levels of vitamin C and antioxidants that help fight free radicals. This berry has been linked to the control of blood pressure, cholesterol and sugar levels.
How do you make a strawberry salad?
- Making this strawberry salad is obvious. First, prepare the following ingredients: arugula, strawberries, red onion, goat cheese or feta cheese, avocados, pine nuts, walnuts, radishes, and green onions.
- Then prepare the following for the balsamic vinaigrette: balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, honey or maple syrup, garlic, poppy seeds, salt and pepper.
- All you have to do is combine the ingredients of the balsamic vinaigrette in a medium bowl, with the oil last. Slowly add it to the dressing mixture while stirring.
- Assemble the strawberries together with the other vegetables, then mix everything together. That's! Chill the salad in the refrigerator and serve.
Which vegetables pair well with strawberry salad?
In this recipe, we use arugula. I like the pepper flavor and it also goes well with the vinaigrette dressing. You can also try using lettuce and spinach as substitutes, as they also pair well with strawberries.
How to choose ripe strawberries?
Choose ones that are shiny, dry, firm, and thick. They don't ripen after harvest, so choose ones that no longer have white spots.
How many calories are in the strawberry salad?
Calories can range from 140 to 200 calories per serving, depending on what you add to the mix.
What do they serve strawberry salad with?
Serve this salad as a garnish for grilled meat. This makes it the perfect companion for a summer barbecue party!
What is the best dressing for strawberry salad?
Arugula tastes good with a light dressing like vinaigrette. Also, strawberries go well with balsamic vinegar that we use in this recipe.
Poppy seed dressing is also a common alternative to balsamic vinaigrette. It provides that spicy and sweet flavor that unites the entire salad. You can always make yours instead of buying it from the supermarket as a healthier option.
How is poppy seed salad dressing made?
In this recipe, we have added poppy seeds in the balsamic vinaigrette. But in case you were wondering, here is a guide on how to make poppy seed salad dressing.
You will need vegetable oil, white wine vinegar, white sugar, salt, mustard, and onion. Combine them all together with the oil that comes last. The oil should be added slowly to the mix. Lastly, add the poppy seeds. Keep this dressing in your refrigerator in an airtight container for about 7 days.
How do you store it?
You can do this in advance, just refrigerate this for up to 3 days, as long as the container is airtight.
If you're going to enjoy this for later, you can store the walnuts, dressing, and the rest of the salad in separate containers in the refrigerator.
How long can the strawberry salad go?
As a general rule, perishable foods like strawberry salad should be left alone for 2 hours.
- You can turn this salad into a complete meal by adding a protein source like grilled chicken.
- When you buy fresh strawberries, don't wash them until the time you use them in recipes. Instead, place them in a moisture-proof container lined with a paper towel. They will stay fresh for up to 3 days.
- Plus, you can make this exact recipe using other seasonal fruits like raspberries, apples, and pears.
: Servings: 6 servings Preparation time: 15 minutes Total time: 15 minutes
- 1 packet of arugula (washed)
- 1 pound strawberries (thinly sliced)
- 1 red onion (sliced)
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese (or feta cheese)
- 2 ripe avocados (diced)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 cup radishes (cut in half and thinly sliced (about 3-4 medium))
- 1/2 cup green onion
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup (or honey)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Pinch of fine sea salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Add all of the salad ingredients to a bowl.
- In another small bowl, combine the vinaigrette ingredients.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and stir gently to combine.
- Refrigerate and serve.
Calories 455 Carbohydrates: twenty-one Protein: 7 7 Fat: 40 Saturated fat: 7 7 Cholesterol: 8 Sodium: 87 Potassium: 617 Fiber: 7 7 Sugar: 10 Vitamin A: 385 Vitamin C: 57.9 Calcium: 78 Iron: two