Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
For a sweet dessert that's easy to make, try this apple and caramel pie! With just a little preparation, you can have dessert ready to share at your next meal! When you realize how easy it is to make dump cakes, you'll want to add these recipes to your dessert menu options. Try my Blueberry Dump Cake and my Peach Dump Cake.
Apple and caramel pie
Pouring the ingredients into a skillet doesn't look like it will bake into something edible, much less delicious… but, luckily for all of us, it does! Whoever came up with this idea was great! The simplicity of this dessert doesn't take away any of the sweet flavors of the Caramel Apple Dump Cake. Even if you're short on time, this dessert is one that you can have on the table, ready to serve, in less than an hour!
How to make apple and caramel cake
There's no apple peeling and cutting for this recipe, but you'll still get all the flavor of a homemade Apple and Caramel Tart! It's all about layering the ingredients and baking the apple and caramel pie. Yes, it's that easy! An important ingredient is apple pie spice. I encourage you to make your own homemade apple pie spice for this and other recipes. Just remember, if you use a store-bought spice, double the amount in the recipe. For example, this recipe calls for 1 teaspoon, so you would use 2 teaspoons if the spice is purchased from the store.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Layers of apple and caramel pie
- In a bowl, mix together the cake mix, apple pie spices, evaporated milk, vanilla, and melted butter.
- Use half of this dough to overlay the bottom of a 9×13 inch greased pan. Smooth it out as best you can. Leave the other half in the bowl for later.
- To bake just the bottom layer for about 10 minutes at 350 ° F.
- While the base coat is baking, mix the caramels and the other 1/3 cup evaporated milk in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Set that aside and remove the baking sheet from the oven. Pour the apple pie filling onto the base layer, and then pour most of the caramel mixture onto the filling. Leave some caramel to drizzle on top at the end.
- Finally, crumble the remaining dough over the caramel mixture and bake for 30 minutes. The apple and caramel dump cake will be golden when ready.
Topping Ideas for Apple Caramel Dump Cake
In addition to the rest of the caramel drizzle he made, a couple of basic options for a caramel apple pie are whipped cream or ice cream. Within those two categories, there are a few variations that can really take this dump cake to a whole new level. For ice cream, we almost always have vanilla or vanilla as a staple in our freezer. If you really have a sweet tooth, mix it with a cinnamon ice cream or a caramel ice cream.
Homemade Whipped Cream
Making your own whipped cream is probably one of the best recommendations I will give you when talking about homemade desserts.
To do that, you need whipped cream and icing sugar. Essentially, from here just pour the whipped cream into a bowl and beat until peaks begin to form. I would recommend using a hand mixer or stand mixer unless you are really focusing on those arm muscles. Slowly add sugar and serve. Super simple
Looking for more easy sweet desserts?
Apple dump cake
Strawberry Dump Cake
Cherry dump cake
Blueberry Galette dessert
Simple and sweet describes this easy to make Caramel Apple Dump Cake.
Keyword: apple dump cake, caramel apple dump cake
Calories: 392 kcal
- 1 package (15.25 ounces) white cake mix
- 1 teaspoon of homemade spices for apple pie
- 2/3 cup (168 g) evaporated milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 bars) (170 g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (11 ounce) package caramel chips
- 1 (20-ounce) can apple pie filling
Preheat oven to 350 ° F.
In a medium bowl, mix together cake mix, apple pie spices, 1/3 cup evaporated milk, vanilla, and melted butter. Mix until smooth.
Pour half of the dough into a greased 9 × 13 pan and smooth to create an even layer.
Bake 10 minutes or until golden.
In a saucepan over medium heat, mix caramels and 1/3 cup evaporated milk.
Remove from oven, top with apple pie filling and then caramel mixture (reserve a little to cover later).
Crumble the remaining dough on top.
Bake for 30 minutes or until golden.