- 2 cups of wheat flour
- 1/2 cup of amaranth flour
- 250 g butter
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 of Cup of refined sugar
- 1/2 cup puffed amaranth
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and grease the baking sheets.
- Spread the butter with the sugar. Add 1 whole egg, one yolk and the vanilla extract.
- Gradually incorporate the wheat flour and amaranth. Once integrated, add the baking powder and puffed amaranth. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Put a little flour on the work table, roll out the dough to a thickness of 2 cm.
- Cut the cookies with a cutter and place them on the trays. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Allow them to cool and offer them.
Enjoy a delicious and healthy dessert that does not affect your diet is possible, try this recipe of amaranth cookies. They will be your favorites!
Benefits of amaranth cookies
- It increases physical and mental performance, its proteins, carbohydrates and fiber facilitate a good supply of glucose to neurons. It helps keep them alert and they work as a natural source of energy.
- It reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases, it contains a coenzyme called HMG-CoA, which acts to prevent the accumulation of triglycerides and cholesterol.
- Thanks to its low calorie content it is excellent for maintaining a healthy weight.
- It is a natural antioxidant that helps fight free radicals and protects your cells from premature aging.
- Improve the health of your hair, promote the production of keratin, which gives it strength, softness and protects it from falling.
- Thanks to its fiber, it improves intestinal transit and fights constipation.
- It helps regulate blood glucose levels.
- The amaranth grain is a healthy option for celiacs, as it is gluten-free.
Learn more recipes with amaranth at Cocina Fácil