Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Keto Portuguese Chicken Skillet
A simple, super tasty, Portuguese-style keto skillet chicken dish that's low in carbohydrates, paleo, and Whole30Ⓡ.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO⇑⇑
An all-in-one frying pan keto Portuguese-style chicken meal that's packed with spice flavors and citrus accents in the marinade. My stylized low carb version of a classic Portuguese chicken dish called Piri Piri.
I made the recipe in a cast iron skillet for the traditional outdoor grill. I also made it a little less spicy and marinated it for a little less time, but without sacrificing flavor.
Chicken Simply made in a pan that can safely go from the stove to the oven.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
You can make this dish in a cast iron skillet, oven safe skillet, or roasting pan. I used a cast iron skillet that can go from stove to oven.
I also included a little zucchini and red pepper on the plate, making it a full meal in a pan. Less dishes and cleaning, for me, it is always a victory!
A Keto Chicken Skillet a la Portuguesa
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon of avocado oil or olive oil
- 4 lemon wedges
- 1 ½ cup diced zucchini
- ⅓ cup diced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Place all of the marinade ingredients in a large bowl and beat until combined. Add chicken thighs to marinade and rotate to coat. Cover the container with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 ° F (204 ° C).
- Heat 1 tablespoon of avocado oil in a cast iron skillet or ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken to skillet and brown both sides of chicken until golden brown (about 4 minutes per side). Once golden, put out the fire.
- Add zucchini and red peppers to skillet arranged around chicken. Pour any extra marinade from the bowl over the chicken and top the chicken with lemon wedges.
- Put the pan in the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 F to 170F.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let sit for 8 minutes and serve.
Nutritional data: Servings: 4, Serving Size: 1 Large Chicken Leg (225g) with ¼ of vegetables, serving amounts Rer- Cal: 439, carbohydrates: 7 g, Net carbs: 5 g, Fiber: 2 g, Fat: 26 g, Saturated fat: 4 g, Protein: 45 g, Sugars: 3 g.
* All nutritional data are estimates based on the products I used. *
Bacon Chicken Cabbage Frying Pan Garlic Mushrooms Sauteed Chicken Baked Mexican Chicken Low Carb Baked Greek Chicken