Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Soft and creamy Vitamix soup recipes you can enjoy all year! They are cozy, warm (most of them), easy to make and healthy.
Even better, these recipes use a wide range of fresh seasonal ingredients like beets, cauliflower, sweet potatoes or butternut squash.
Soups are simple, some of the easiest and most nutritious meals possible. You can load them with vegetables and heat from the inside out. It goes without saying that they are perfect for the fall and winter months, but really, they can be enjoyed all year round.
How to make soup in a blender
When it comes to making soup in the Vitamix blender, there are generally two steps:
- Roast, sauté, or boil some vegetables.
- Mix hot cooked vegetables with other ingredients and liquids (i.e. broth) in the blender for a smooth consistency.
If the ingredients are already hotIt takes only a minute or two to puree everything together. Very easy.
But if you have a Vitamix model with a soup functionYou can add ingredients at room temperature (assuming they don't need to be cooked) and create a steaming soup in less than 10 minutes. How? The friction of the blades! Yes, the blades can make delicious hot soup.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Do you know what else blades can do? They can intensify raw aromatic flavors, such as onion, garlic, and spices. Therefore, I always recommend grilling or sautéing onion and garlic, or starting with a minimal amount and adding more as desired.
Some more mixed soup suggestions
I've made my fair share of mixed soups, and in doing so I have two important tips I'd like to share:
- Make an extra large batch: You know I'm a huge fan of food preparation, and soup may well be the easiest food to freeze and store. I love to store soup in my Weck jars or silicone soup cubes. They are perfect for reheating on a rainy day or when I need additional nutrition. Check out how I prepare them in the video below!
- It's about the ingredients: Mixed soups are creamy and delicious, but without chunks or texture they can seem a bit boring. So drive them with toppings! Some of my favorites include herbs, vegetables, nuts, seeds, spices, creams, and yogurt.
Vitamix soup recipes
With all those tips, you'll be a master of mixing soups in no time. So without further ado, here are my 7 favorite Vitamix soup recipes to enjoy all year long! And I show how to make several of them in the following video. Give him a watch!
1. Roasted cauliflower soup
A tasty low carb soup that is creamy and garlicy with a nutty aroma.
2. Sweet potato soup
A rich, velvety and delicious soup that is naturally creamy from sweet potatoes.
3. Beetroot soup
A delicious, nutrient-rich soup that's a mix of beets, parsnips, ginger, onion, and garlic.
4. Carrot and ginger soup
A vegan, dairy-free soup that accentuates the spicy, sweet, and salty combinations of carrots and ginger.
5. Roasted pumpkin soup
A classic fall soup that takes advantage of roasted pumpkin to bring out a sweet smoked and caramelized flavor.
6. Roasted red pepper and tomato soup
An easy and tasty soup that is a mixture of roasted red peppers, tomatoes, onions, garlic and basil.
7. Melon and cucumber gazpacho with ginger shrimp
A refreshing summer soup that is light, fresh, and balanced with hot ginger shrimp.
Enjoy all those delicious soup recipes! Do you want to know what else you can do in your Vitamix? Check out all my Vitamix recipes (including nut milks, nut butters, sauces, frozen yogurts, and more!)