Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
6 easy Thai recipes you can make at home ~ all you need is a passion for Thai food and an easily stocked pantry. Grab some fresh ingredients and you'll be ready for authentic Thai and Thai inspired recipes any day of the week, no need to pack.
If you think making Thai food is out of your reach, I am here to tell you that it is totally doable. You just need a few essentials that are easily found in your supermarket. I make sure to keep all of my Thai condiments in one section of my refrigerator door so I can grab them when the urge comes. If you pick up some fresh items on the way home from work, you can have authentic Thai any night of the week!
How to prepare your kitchen for easy daily Thai cooking
SPICES AND CONDIMENTS
(These will keep in the refrigerator for at least a year) Look for the Brand Thai Kitchen brand, which has all the condiments below. They will all be together in their biggest supermarket.
- Thai curry paste ~ buy the red and green varieties, they come in small jars.
- chili paste ~ this is a spicy red chili paste and there are many varieties.
- tamarind paste ~ a thick paste of sour fruit
- lemongrass paste ~ This is a substitute for fresh lemongrass, which can be difficult to find.
- Fish sauce ~ A sauce rich in umami that is Thai par excellence. If you are a vegetarian, substitute Tamari soy sauce.
- soy sauce ~ I like the Tamari brand, which is gluten-free.
- rice vinegar ~ lighter than normal vinegar
PANTRY SPICES AND STAPLES
- Ccoconut milk ~ canned
- rice noodles ~ these come dry, in many varieties
- raw or roasted peanuts
- peanut butter
- jasmine rice
Fresh herbs and products
- fresh limes
- chilli Peppers (Thai chilies are small and spicy, they substitute serrano or cayenne, which are easier to get)
- basil (Thai basil is the most authentic, but it will be normal)
HomeEasyMakingCan RecipeS Thai