Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
An easy green vegan pea soup that uses just 5 ingredients and 15 minutes to make a delicious meal!
We are anticipating a long weekend, as it is a holiday on Monday in our country. Also, we've taken a couple more days of work and spent yesterday walking through the woods looking for blueberries from the woods.
It was a very hot day, but today the weather turned sour. It's raining and it's cold. The perfect climate for a bit of housekeeping and a bowl of hot soup.
The fresh pea season is at its peak, so you should prepare this vegan pea soup as soon as possible. But, if you can't find fresh peas, frozen peas are just as good. Plus, using frozen peas means you can make this vibrant green goodness any time of the year.
All you will need is a little vegetable oil, an onion, a few cloves of garlic, a potato, peas, and a little vegetable broth (or even the water will work well). If you want to improve the soup and its freshness, add some fresh herbs such as parsley and wild celery (we love pork celery in soups!). Just cook until tender and then mix until smooth.
We highly recommend serving this soup with a tablespoon of plant-based yogurt or cream, a drizzle of olive oil, and a handful of blanched peas on top.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
5 Ingredient Green Vegan Pea Soup
Performance: 4 4 Preparation time: 5 minutes Time to cook: 15 minutes Total time: 20 minutes
An easy radiant green vegan pea soup that uses just 5 ingredients and 15 minutes to make a delicious meal!
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 large or 2 smaller potatoes
- 300 grams of peas, fresh or frozen
- 700 ml of vegetable stock or water
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Salt, pepper to taste
- fresh herbs to taste: parsley, wild celery
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- olive oil
- yogurt or herbal cream
- blanched peas
- chopped peanuts
- Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic cloves. Peel and dice the potato.
- In a saucepan, heat a tablespoon of vegetable oil, then add onion and garlic and gently fry until transparent, stirring occasionally. Add the diced potatoes and peas, pour with vegetable stock, and season with salt, pepper, and finely chopped fresh herbs to taste.
- Bring to a simmer and simmer for about 15 minutes, until the potatoes and peas are tender. Then remove from heat, add a tablespoon of lemon juice and mix until smooth in a blender (or with a stick mixer).
- Pour the pea soup into the dishes and serve.
- Optionally, you can garnish with a little yogurt or herbal cream, a drizzle of olive oil, some thyme, a teaspoon of chopped peanuts, and blanched peas.
- To make blanched peas: In a small saucepan, heat 3 cups of water. When it boils, add a handful of peas, cook for a minute, then remove the peas from the boiling water with a slotted spoon and immediately place them in a bowl of ice water. Let cool for about 5 minutes, then drain and serve.
Calories: 182.9 Total Fat: 4.5g Saturated Fat: 0.9g Sodium: 649.9mg Carbohydrates: 29.8g Fiber: 5.4g Sugar: 5.2g Protein: 5.6g
- More soup recipes here.
You can connect with us on our Instagram and Facebook or on Pinterest. We share lots of behind-the-scenes photos and step-by-step recipes on our Instagram Stories, so be sure to check it out!
If you like this recipe, you can let us know in the comments below or on social media using @RecetasLatinas and tagging us @RecetasLatinas. We are always happy to read your feedback and LOVE to see your thoughts on our recipes.
Peas Ingredients Soup Vegan