Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
30 calorie mini pumpkin pies should be on your vacation menu! These adorable treats come together in 30 minutes and have all the flavor of pumpkin pie without blame.
I don't know about you, but I love any type of dessert with small portions. It rescues me from accidentally eating a large slice of cake or a mountain of desserts. In fact, recently, while traveling in North Carolina, I was served the largest slice of lime pie I've ever seen. And don't get me started on the cheesecake, we ask. It was enough to feed an army. The portion sizes have definitely gone haywire, making me love desserts like these Mini Pumpkin Tarts even more. With just 30 calories per cake, you can enjoy all of the amazing fall flavors without worry.
In addition to having a built-in portion control, these mini pumpkin pies use a few other tricks to make them lighter while keeping all the pumpkin pie flavor you're looking for. The main difference is to substitute the evaporated canned milk for the cream that is usually used in the pumpkin pie filling. Evaporated milk has the same rich flavor but is lighter than thick cream. Then all that is needed is to mix all the traditional ingredients together, fill the cup glasses and put them in the oven for 15 minutes. It is surprisingly easy.
An important thing to note is that you will have an extra pumpkin pie filling when making this recipe. Instead of using canned pumpkin medium and evaporated milk and then having to throw away the rest, I simply cook the remaining pumpkin in a pan or two. It makes a delicious pumpkin cream. If you don't think you would eat more, you can always use the pumpkin puree in a smoothie or oatmeal.
Tips for making these 30 calorie mini pumpkin patties:
- Dressings: As I usually prepare them for vacation reunions, I love serving them with a variety of dressings so people can choose what they like best. Some have traditional whipped cream and a pinch of pumpkin spice. Others get nuts from walnuts. I sprinkle a few with melted chocolate and then cover a few mini cakes with cranberry sauce or chutney.
- These mini cakes don't hold up well as the pan dough loses its crisp texture after about a day. If you want to make a few at a time, make the filling ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator. Then just remove the amount of pan shells you need for that day. You can also freeze the filling in an ice cube tray and then quickly thaw it in the microwave before baking a couple. I love this trick for a quick sweet after dinner.
- In my grocery store, you can find the mini pancakes next to the cake crusts in the freezer. They usually come in a box of 15.
Looking for healthier pumpkin recipes?
Follow us on PINTEREST!
- Healthy pumpkin bread with chocolate chips
- Pumpkin cream cheese and light maple
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins
- Beer and pumpkin bread
- Pumpkin Pie with Oatmeal and Slow Cooker
- Microwave Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
These are some of the products that I used in this recipe:
- If you're looking at this recipe and it's a time of year when pumpkin puree is hard to find, look online, where you can buy it year-round, and generally at a very competitive price.
30 calorie mini pumpkin patties
PREPARATION TIME: 15 minutes COOKING TIME: 15 minutes TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packaged
- 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spices
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 12-ounce can of low-fat evaporated milk
- 2 U large eggs
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin puree (sugar-free)
- 30 U mini fillo shells
Do you like this recipe? Try our meal plans!
- Weekly meal plans
- Easy shopping list
- Healthy, low carb and vegetarian
- Nutritional information and points
(Hide photos) See the complete recipe in Snack Girl
These do not store well as the pan dough loses its crunch after a day. About the author Meet Lisa Cain