Aphrodisiacs are related to sensory experiences that evoke erotic images. In this aspect, gastronomy occupies a special place, since it not only stimulates, but also provides nutrients that directly intervene in the body's sexual response.
On the other hand, although many aphrodisiac foods are effective for both men and women, there are some that benefit one gender more than another. Thinking about this, in RecetaGratis we share an article dedicated to male sexuality, where we tell you what they are the most aphrodisiac foods for men and some recipes that you can prepare with them.
Ginseng, maca, pollen, ginger and epimedium, excellent aphrodisiacs
Although they look like ingredients derived from a magic potion, these plants, roots and spices provide real effects in increasing the desire and sexual potency of man. If you maintain a balanced diet and good lifestyle habits, these foods will give you the final push to maintain a full sex life. Next, you will know all the benefits that each one contributes to the masculine vigor.
This plant has a root widely used in traditional Asian medicine, especially as a male aphrodisiac. Ginseng increases nitric oxide production, thus facilitating relaxation of the cavernous muscle and finally facilitating erection. This natural medicine is very popular in various places in Asia; Those who ingest it do so 15 minutes before sexual intercourse.
The famous Peruvian ginseng grows in the center of the country, on the high plateaus of the Andes. In the past, the Incas used this tuber for their magical rituals, but today its root is widely used as medicine and especially as a natural aphrodisiac for men. The bed contains powerful alkaloids (macamides) that control hormonal levels and increase sexual energy. In addition, this food is rich in zinc, a micronutrient that favors fertility and increases the number of sperm.
Who would think that the work of bees favors human virility? Yes, due to its many nutrients, pollen becomes not only a magnificent nutritional supplement, but also a powerful aphrodisiac. Although this food serves both men and women as an invigorating, it is especially beneficial for gentlemen, since improves libido, promotes fertility and increases sperm production.
If we talk about sperm production, pollen provides important nutrients necessary to produce the liquid that transports sperm: proteins, zinc, magnesium, selenium, phosphors, B vitamins, among others. The best way to eat it? In grains, fasting, 30 minutes before breakfast.
The Zingiber officinale, as this aromatic plant is scientifically called, belongs to the family of turmeric and cardamom. This underground stem is highly valued in traditional Asian medicine and world cuisine due to its many properties, including its potential as an aphrodisiac food for men. Ginger stimulates male sensuality, both in the preamble and in the sexual act itself, since its aroma and flavor evoke eroticism, increasing sexual desire, while physiologically improving circulation and sensitivity of erogenous zones, favoring erection.
How about trying this ingredient in a provocative recipe? If you dare with the idea, we offer you these two preparations, which are sure to keep you indifferent:
- Ginger chicken
- Inverted pear cake with ginger
This natural product is considered, perhaps, the most powerful vegetarian sexual enhancer that exists, within the traditional oriental medicinal, called by some: the "Chinese natural viagra". Epimedium stimulates the nervous system, especially the genital nerves, promoting increased desire and improving sexual performance.
Guarana, chocolate and coffee, powerful aphrodisiacs for men
This trio of famous natural stimulants also has significant aphrodisiac properties for men. Any of the three you choose will prolong and improve the sexual act itself, in addition they will promote great preambles.
This exotic plant native to the Amazon has well-known stimulating effects, similar to coffee but with slower and longer absorption.
However, guarana is not only an excellent stimulant, but also a very effective aphrodisiac for men, as it contains guaranine, responsible for stimulate and increase male sexual appetite. Consequently, by consuming it you can achieve a successful and long night of passion.
Chocolate for both! Although you think that chocolate is an aphrodisiac food for women, for men it is highly beneficial as a sexual invigorator. Yes, and all its power is summed up in three main factors, applicable at each stage of seduction:
- Its aroma and flavor evoke images of comfort. The organoleptic characteristics of chocolate and cocoa work as a natural placebo that predisposes you to desire.
- Produces a feeling of well-being and relaxation, very similar to desire and orgasm. This experience is caused by three chemicals: dopamine, serotonin, and phenylethylamine.
- Relax and improve blood fluid, facilitating erection. This is due to the flavonoids contained in cocoa, which help to produce nitric oxide.
Furthermore, chocolate is such a versatile food that you can prepare it in both sweet and savory recipes, and it will always give the same result: a very seductive dish. Here are some suggestions:
- Black Chocolate Mousse
- Poblano mole
- Chocolate hummus
Coffee is a natural stimulant well known to all, however, as a male aphrodisiac its powers are poorly understood. If you seek to stoke the passion with this food, you will achieve it on several levels, since it complements all the stages of seduction:
- It keeps the man active and wide awake for action thanks to caffeine.
- Its aroma acts as a placebo it stimulates the brain and comforts the senses.
- Increases sperm activity and temporarily improves testosterone levels. Of course, you should not take more than three cups a day because it can cause the opposite effect: decrease testosterone and sperm count (since it contains phytoestrogens).
If it is about how to prepare coffee as a food that increases testosterone in men, you should know that it can not only be consumed drunk, but also in delicious desserts. Surely more than one will open your imagination to the exercise of passion:
- Chocolate ice cream with coffee
- Chocolate and coffee smoothie
- Coffee pannacotta
- Iced coffee dessert
Oysters and fish that increase the desire in man
The fame of seafood as aphrodisiacs is well known to all and even has anecdotal episodes in world history. But reasons are superfluous, since these foods provide important nutrients that directly influence the male sexual response, such as fatty acids and a lot of zinc. Although fish and seafood are generally excellent energizers, there are some that exceed expectations:
In addition to being visually exciting for men, given its similarity to the female sexual organ, this seafood tops the list of foods with the highest amount of zinc. Depending on the variety, it provides between 16 and 182 mg of this micronutrient. Likewise, it provides other nutritional substances that directly intervene in male physiological functions related to sexuality:
- Improves testosterone production, since it contains zinc, aspartic acid and aspartate.
- Promotes muscle contraction It helps regulate sex drive, due to zinc, calcium, and magnesium.
- Increase your mood and libido because they are rich in phenylalanine (an amino acid).
- Improve sperm production and quality due to its nutrients, especially zinc.
If you want to enjoy the most aphrodisiac preparations, check out the following aphrodisiac recipes for men with this and other seafood:
- Prawns in oyster sauce
- Easy shrimp cocktail
- Spaghetti with garlic shrimp
Fish such as salmon, tuna, trout, herring, mackerel and sardines contain a large amount of essential fatty acids such as omega 3, copposite that increases sexual desire and improves erections.
A well prepared fish can give you the tools for a very hot night. The best idea is to complement it with other aphrodisiac foods for men, so you enhance its power:
- Smoked trout
- Japanese marinated salmon
- Tuna ceviche with mango
Advice: To take advantage of all the aphrodisiac properties of these products, consume them regularly.
Aphrodisiac fruits for men
Fruits and tubers, products full of nutrients, many of them, especially favorable in male virility, could not be missing from our list of foods that increase sexual desire in men. You may be surprised to know some of its good effects:
The exotic avocado is a very exciting snack, both for its flavor and texture and for its aphrodisiac properties, which were already appreciated by pre-Hispanic men. Among its benefits, we can highlight:
- Improves erections and prolongs them Because your healthy fats activate blood circulation, keeping negative cholesterol at bay.
- Stimulates libido and prolongs energy thanks to the antioxidants provided by vitamin E.
- Aids in the proliferation of sex hormones due to its supply of vitamin C.
- Strengthens and improves the contraction and relaxation of muscles, which favors the erection. In addition, it increases body energy, prolonging sexual activity. All this is possible thanks to its contribution of vitamin D and healthy fats.
Avocado combines with everything, so take advantage of it and combine it with other aphrodisiac ingredients that increase its power.
- Patacones with avocado cream
- Avocado hummus
- Avocado ice cream
- Shrimp and avocado salad
- Avocado and salmon salad
The cultivation of tigernuts expanded from North Africa to the Iberian Peninsula, especially in the Valencian Community, where it now enjoys great popularity. According to the National Center for Biotechnology information in the USA, tigernuts have aphrodisiac effects on men, however, since the 7th century these benefits were mentioned in the agriculture book called Kitabb al-Fallah of Ibn Awwam. Among the invigorating properties of this fruit we can highlight:
- Increased amount of semen due to its content in zinc and other nutrients.
- Increased testosterone level, since it contains quercetin, a flavonoid that benefits the cardiovascular system, in addition to other compounds such as vitamins and zinc.
- Increased blood flow in the genital area due to arginine, an amino acid that is converted to nitric oxide by the action of the enzyme oxide-synthetase.
If you have no idea how to prepare the tigernut, we suggest trying it in juice, simply follow the following recipe and test its benefits:
- Homemade tiger nut horchata
Who would think that the refreshing watermelon is highly aphrodisiac? Yes, this tropical delight not only hydrates, but also provides abundant lycopene, zinc, citrulline and arginine. But what do these compounds do for male sexuality?
- Citrulline and arginine: both increase the production of nitric oxide, a substance that is responsible for relaxing blood vessels, extending and facilitating erection.
- Lycopene: This substance favors the prostate and the heart.
- Zinc: improves sperm quality and quantity. The part of the watermelon with the highest amount of zinc is located in the seed, which provides 70% of the amount necessary for an adult (10 mg for every 100 g of product).
Watermelon makes for many desserts, each one more seductive and irresistible than the other, but did you know that it also serves for savory dishes? Yes, any of these recipes will put you in a thousand:
- Watermelon daiquiri
- Baked watermelon carpaccio
- Watermelon gazpacho (recipe with video)
- Watermelon mousse
This velvety and exquisitely flavored fruit also enhances male virility. This food is rich in vitamin C and other essential compounds, which favor the prolongation of erections, since it dilates blood vessels and improves circulation. In addition, it extends the life of sperm.
Some recipes with peach that you can prepare for a romantic dinner are:
- Peach Mousse
- Peaches in wine
- Peach Chutney
Lentils, a very effective aphrodisiac food for men
The humble but supernutritive lentils also point to this list, as contain a lot of zinc and folate. On the one hand, zinc increases libido, improves sperm quality, increases semen production and promotes fertility. On the other hand, folate keeps the walls of the arteries clean, promoting erection.
Believe it or not, lentils can be served in a special evening and present as an attractive and seductive dish. If you don't believe us, take a look at these recipes:
- Lentil Ceviche
- Lentil Hummus
- Lentil Falafel
During ejaculation, man loses 1 mg of zinc, so it is important to look for foods that contain it.
Nuts that increase libido in men
Although not as famous as chocolate and seafood, nuts are also considered foods that improve erection in men. Much of the aphrodisiac power of nuts comes from their healthy fatty acids, as these substances promote blood circulation and keep cholesterol in check (raises healthy cholesterol and reduces its opposite), essential factors for erection. In this food group, walnuts (called by some as natural viagra), almonds and hazelnuts stand out.
Nuts can be perfectly consumed alone and thus make the most of their properties, however, some preparations highlight their aphrodisiac qualities more:
- Spaghetti with nuts
- Couscous with vegetables and nuts
- Macedonia of strawberries and dried fruits
- Chocolate bars and nuts
- Chinese chicken with almonds
- Monkfish in walnut sauce
Causes of male libido loss
Although there is a widespread myth that men are always ready to have sex, the truth is that this is not always the case. There are several factors that can decrease male sexual desire, here we mention the main ones:
- Breakdowns or problems in personal relationships (family or couple).
- Childhood trauma.
- Taboos and repression.
- Low self-esteem.
- Consume drugs. Some medications for anxiety, depression, or advanced prostate cancer can lower testosterone levels and also sexual desire.
- Facing some diseases. Certain physical ailments can cause decreased libido, difficulty consuming sex, and low testosterone levels. Some diseases that impair male sex life are injuries to the testicles or testicular cancer, problems in the glands of the brain, poor thyroid function, infections, etc.
- Obesity. This condition can predispose the body to have high concentrations of fat on the walls of the arteries, thus hindering circulation and consequently negatively affecting erections. In addition, this disease can affect the self-esteem of the individual in an unfavorable way.
- Andropause. This is the equivalent of female menopause. In this phase of life, the sexual appetite declines, testosterone decreases, the quantity of sperm and its quality decrease, among other symptoms.
- Decreased levels of testosterone in the blood. This factor causes lack of sexual desire, trouble achieving an erection, and low sperm count. What causes it? All of the above factors.
- Fatigue and stress. Excessive work and a fast-paced train of life can decrease sexual appetite and even affect erections.
- Routine. Lack of imagination or initiative can create a spiral of boredom and little sexual desire. That is why aphrodisiac foods for men can play a fundamental role and help you fan that flame.
If you liked the article 15 aphrodisiac foods for menWe suggest that you enter our Nutrition and health category.